Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-06-2001, 08:38 AM   #1
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi Fastest in Qualifying at Suzuka

First Po.. Oh you know. Yeah, Haga never really does well in qual but he will in the race, you can count on that one. ROberts never touch the qualifying tire like the rest so I think he is getting the bike close to where he wants it because he is running good races times. Hopefully his bike is an improvement. As for the Rest, well Biaggi and Abe will be right in there. Rossi, well everyone thinks he will dominate except for me. Something will stop him from winning this.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2001, 08:52 AM   #2
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Lap Record: 2:06.746 - 103.494 mph - Max Biaggi (Honda), 1998

2000 Pole Position: Kenny Roberts Jr. (Suzuki) - 2:06.679

This year 1st Qual times are pretty good.

Old 04-06-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
demonr1
Founding Member

Something will stop Rossi alright.. aka Haga
demonr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:54 PM   #4
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Wow, canÂ’t wait for the lights to go green. I really hope Haga does well but I just donÂ’t think he will. I think it is going to be Valentino taking the checkered flag. Haga is on tires he says he hates and itÂ’s his first year on the bike. Look at Valentino, if he didnÂ’t crash those first two races he would have been battling for the championship with Roberts the first year he was on a 500. Now he has some experience so I think he will be taking it. It will be close but I see Valentino taking the championship. Lets hope Honda can give him the bike he needs to keep up with the Biaggi and his Yamaha.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 01:52 PM   #5
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

NO!!!, let's not hope he gets that bike to challenge Yamaha and Suzuki. You forget that Roberts bike seized up on him last year in one round and also his -pass me if you want I am getting points- racing of last year. There were a lot of wet races though. I don't like the EVIL empire of HONDA. NO NO NO, the get a good rider on a bike that anyone (excluding me) can get on and ride fast... MOst of the time anyway. Roberts is running good times and he and Haga were two of the only racers not to go to Qualifying rubber. Haga was never a good qualifier and He has to ride a GP bike different from his superbike, so the rubber may not matter as much. In his GP debut, haga scored a podium finish.
Old 04-06-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
metal
Founding Member

"I don't like the EVIL empire of HONDA"

"a bike that anyone (excluding me) can get on and ride fast"

Between the two of us, there's an idiot. And it ain't me.
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 07:57 PM   #7
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Maybe it's your momma. Ever thought about that. It's called liking the underdog. Honda is the biggest and therefore usually having the largest race budget. Even the racers say the Honda is the easiest and fastest bike to ride. I would much rather Yamaha or Suzuki win that Honda. Maybe you need to use context clues.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:43 PM   #8
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Top Rookie - Ya heard it here!

No question - Shinya Nakano - Smooth, consistent, plus it's hard to argue with the coolest helmet design in the paddock! Top ten every race.

Oh Haga may well score a few podiums, but I expect lots of wadded machinery as well.
ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 04:38 AM   #9
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Top Rookie - Ya heard it here!

Yeah, he crashed twice today, free pratice and qual. What the hell is going on.