Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-03-2001, 01:28 PM   #11
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuka Track Facts

Moto GP on PS-2 is great fun indeed. Full Simulation / Hard Setting. Its not really that realistic, but the sound is great and the power delivery is fun. The AI is too easy though, and the steering interface needs to be worked on. But the full lock slides on long 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear sweepers are a treat

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #12
kcobb
Founding Member

I like EA Sports Superbike 2001 also. No Suzuka track, but it is fun to race along with Ben and Troy and Colin at Kyalami. That's a cool track, very hilly.

kcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 03:37 AM   #13
bloodyserb
Founding Member

I know what you mean about the AI. They don't really race, they just get in a neat line and run perfect laps at pre-determined lap times. I'd like to see them act a little more like the drivers in Ridge Racer V, where they bump you back. Analog throttle and break are a must for the next version too. I can't tell you how many times I laid on the throttle (Repsol Honda of course) and spun the bike right out from underneath me. Still, all faults aside, it's been a pretty good way to while away the winter months
bloodyserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:05 AM   #14
banda
Founding Member

What's wrong with the analog throttle and brake in the current version?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:19 AM   #15
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default !?!

Yessssssssss!!!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:47 AM   #16
crash13
Founding Member

if you want to see a layout of any track on the gp circuit go to motogp.com
crash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 05:48 AM   #17
bloodyserb
Founding Member

Nothing I suppose, if you have the dexterity to control these functions through your thumb and two tiny buttons. I only seem to be able to mash them to either 100% or 0%. It would seem to me that putting these two into the right stick would be a far better way of controlling things. Or have I missed something? Is there a better way to do it? Now that I'm thinking about it, this game could really use a good screw around mode where I could smoke the tire, or do stoppies. And umbrella girls, I demand umbrella girls in the next release!
Old 04-04-2001, 07:06 AM   #18
das
Founding Member

Alas, if only I could find one. I've been waiting to play that game for months. I can't say I've been trying real hard, but I do check a couple on-line places and the local Toys'R'Us every once in a while... with no luck so far. Anybody found a reliable source for PS2's?
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:17 AM   #19
bloodyserb
Founding Member

I got mine from Sony's online store, if you register with the site they will send you an email a few days before the next batch goes on sale. The trick is to be online a half hour before they open for business at 11:00 EST when they actually upload the new page.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:20 AM   #20
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

EA Sports SBK 2001 is my alltime 2nd favorite PC game. (Behind Grand Prix Legends by Sierra/Papyrus)