Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   Discussion on CBS MotoGP coverage (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/4566-discussion-cbs-motogp-coverage.html)

trenttheuncatchable 06-11-2007 03:11 PM

Re: Discussion on CBS MotoGP coverage

I wasn't expecting to see motorcycle racing on CBS. I switched to channel 2 on a commercial (thinking I was watching Speed) and it was the same commercial! :)

I like how one guy said each racer got 31 tires for the week, 17 for the front, and 14 for the rear, and then the other guy says, yeah, it's 31 tires, but it's 14 for the front and 17 for the rear.

It's nice to know that I am a motorcycle "driver", too :)

The end of the race was fantastic! I'm just happy that CBS is actually showing motorcycle racing. The commentary reminds me of World Cup coverage where they were using baseball analogies because they didn't know soccer/(not American)football terminology. I can deal with it.

The_AirHawk 06-11-2007 05:26 PM

WARNING! GPTB-BASHING THREAD IN PROG...........No, wait...... that's not it..........

cwpeck228 06-11-2007 05:37 PM

I just started following MotoGP religiously this season. I must admit that I was disappointed in the CBS coverage. Apparently I have been taking the British announcers for granted. I want some of whatever they drink (or snort...haha) before each race! I actually had to turn the sound off to get into this race.

The American announcers 1) conveyed the amount of enthusiasm needed for play-by-play book signing and 2) assumed that (we) Americans would only be interested in cheering for the American riders. However, the most annoying part of the broadcast was hearing Schwantz drag out the word "reeeeeeaallly", with no exclamation, about 15 times a sentence! He reeeaally needs to learn a few more adverbs. Hell, if he can't learn some new, colorful phrases, then couldn't he at least pretend to be excited about saying the ones he already knows?!

ksquid 06-11-2007 09:15 PM

Hey I love Katie... .Don't mess with her.. She's a cougar!

easyeric601 06-12-2007 05:01 AM

I'm impressed. How did you get them to change the channel from wrestling or CMT?

Eric > Barge rig > Vermilion, LA

DaveFla 06-12-2007 06:10 AM

Hell, that's just the start of the bad parts - I was completely left out by relying on my Dish DVR presets. The DVR's schedule just shows "Paid Programming" on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for my local CBS station. I don't know how to fix it other than to check CBS's web page every day, set up a manual timed recording, and hope for the best.

The_AirHawk 06-12-2007 10:35 AM

Yep.

I noticed that the same instant I clicked "OK". For some reason, fingers weren't working properly that day. It's not the only thing I dropped a letter on..........

(sighs heavily)

It wasn't worth it to post a correction, so I figured I'd see if anyone caught it.

Worth a laugh, eh?

[b];^D

The_AirHawk 06-12-2007 10:37 AM

Reeeeaally.