Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #41
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Discussion on CBS MotoGP coverage

eh? i thought schwantz was excellent. how anybody could complain about that race amazes, me, turn down the sound then for gods sake. what a duel... you see Vale ease off the brakes to come back around Stoner at the end of the straight? Only going about 200 mph down there... Fuggin balls of depleted uranium i had tears I tell you TEARS!

toward the end it looked like the springfield mile coming off that big fast right.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #42
Jvliv
Registered Member

The race of course, was great. I noticed that the announcer called the riders "drivers". Surely CBS could have found a motorcycle enthusiast as an announcer.

On the other hand, maybe we should bear with it. How long has it been since motorcycle racing got mainstream coverage? Way back on the Wide World of Sports or something like that. It can only be good for race fans to see an alternative to the boring races presented by Formula 1 and micromanaged (rigged?) show that NASCAR has become. Now if we could only get them to show some of the AMA and World Superbike races, production based racing like NASCAR used to be.
Jvliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #43
lcarlson
Founding Member

Sh*t. I looked at the Speed TV schedule yesterday (both on-line and the guide on my TV) and it listed ONLY the MotoGP 250. HOw did that happen?
lcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #44
12er
Founding Member

The race was great, Kevin's cohost was about a clueless as possible, at least he knew they had two wheels and a motor, but other than that he was left out in the rain. Hit mute and turned on the radio and enjoyed all the back and forth. Great race.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM   #45
jesskauffman
Registered Member

The race was awesome. Had fun discussing it with one of my Italian colleagues this morning (though his english is a little rough). He said he had to change the channel with about 4 laps to go because he was too nervous to watch the end of the race!

Schwantz seemed like he enjoyed talking about what the riders were doing but that he was annoyed with having to continually correct his cohost. Made me think of the announcers from the movie, "Best In Show", where one knew what he was talking about and the other was just talking out of his a$$.
jesskauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #46
johnnyb
Founding Member

gee ya think maybe CBS thought a moto-bumpkin might say things that would give Schwantz a chance to sort of explain MotoGP to an unfamiliar audience?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #47
johnnyb
Founding Member

I love that movie man. in fact the clueless announcer is my fave part. what is that actor's name? he's great. also suicide interventionist talking his kid off the roof. FINE JUMP SEE IF I FUGIN CARE!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #48
DaveFla
Founding Member

Annoying is an understatement. I'm even sick of scanning forward at 60X through all that giggling and palm-frond cutting and pavement softening.

Would it be too much to ask that they make a couple more of the damn things if they're going to buy a spot during every break?!?

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #49
lcarlson
Founding Member

Fred Willard
lcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
12er
Founding Member

Thinking and CBS do not compute, two words for ya JB; Katie Couric