Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   Gibernau Announces[ed] His Retirement. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/4096-gibernau-announces-ed-his-retirement.html)

sarnali2 11-22-2006 06:47 AM

Re: Gibernau Announces[ed] His Retirement.

See that? all those wins, even being the grandson of Senior Bulto and the thing he's most proud of is his Triumphs.....Probably has an original Trident or something

acecycleins 11-22-2006 07:14 AM

Rossi's going to have to find a "new" punching bag. He hexes Sete in race two and at the end of the season Sete retires. Who's next- Barros?, KRJR?, or the entire Kawasaki squad?

gforces 11-22-2006 08:52 AM

That sucks!

Gibby was cool to watch. Nobody else has stepped up to Rossi on the track more consistently than him--and it sucks that people have been throwing derogatory comments his way because of it.

I hope he heals well and reconsiders after being away for a year or two.

gforces 11-22-2006 08:54 AM

Re: That sucks!

err, I meant "despite" insead of "because". Me go back to Eng comp class now.

seruzawa 11-22-2006 09:03 AM

Excellent point.

sarnali2 11-22-2006 09:46 AM

KRJR is a spent force, no longer in contention. Either Marco Melandri or Nicky Hayden will be next. A mysterious series of engine failures perhaps.....

acecycleins 11-22-2006 09:57 AM

Nicky and Vale actually have a great deal of respect for one another. H#ll, Rossi even likes Earl. Now, can you imagine Earl and Rossi sitting in the RV and tossing back a few beers? Bet that little Italian has a pretty interesting social life.

acecycleins 11-22-2006 10:03 AM

Re: That sucks!

Sete was a great competitor. He, however, did loose the fire that drives him. He had NO focus the last two seasons and that is a true shame. Rossi was his down fall- the relentless pressure Rossi put on Gibby was too much for the guy and he finally cracked. Too bad, really. But on a bright note: If Stoner can keep the GP7 out of the gravel traps he will be a great replacement pilot.

Tigercub 11-22-2006 10:43 AM

At the beginning of the year I would have thought Sete, or Marco Melandri would win the series. After Dani's first win I switched and just knew that Pedrosa would be the next Rossi. What a crazy year. If it weren't enough that Nicky stuck it out, KRJR showed he still has it with his new bike. But, like Collin, maybe it's over for them.

2007 - Pedrosa.

orcyclist 11-22-2006 12:43 PM

Conventional wisdom is that Pedrosa will take his 250 style to triumph ( Bonneville for me) in 07. I think it will be Chris Vermullen that will be the surprise of the season. He is on the verge of being great. "Opie" Stoner will also be right up there on teh Duc and don't pass by Nicky and Rossi. Only one ting I can be sure of - It is gonna be great.