Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 AM   #41
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default GO NICKY!!!!!

My wife and I have been following Nicky for years since back in the day here in Amercia where he won race after race. It was hard going for Hayden at first in MotoGP but it's great to see all the hard work and consistancy finally pay off. Nicky might not be as flashy as some of the other riders (The Dr. for example) but between the consistancy and his bike not breaking down as much he pulled it off.

Congradulations NICKY HAYDEN on your 2006 MotoGP world Championship!!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2006, 03:54 AM   #42
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER! You've Been Warned.

I also read other comments where Rossi said that if he couldn't win the championship, he wanted Hayden to do it because he is "a great guy." He was very impressed that Earl came to his motorhome after the Estoril race and congratulated him, calling Mr. Hayden a real gentleman. He also said that his relationship with Nicky hasn't changed since Hayden arrived in 2003, which is very difficult to achieve and unusual at this level of racing.

He also threw in a little jab at Pedrosa, saying that Hayden handled several incidences of Dani's aggressive riding with class.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 AM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

No doubt. After reading several of Valentino's post-race comments, he almost sounds as if he's defending Hayden against detractors and saying things that he obviously couldn't say during the title chase.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:01 AM   #44
pdad13
Founding Member

Yup. More specifically, he said that he thought by getting caught between two other bikes, the M-1 was not getting proper cooling and losing HP.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:14 AM   #45
Shriker77
Founding Member

Wow, what an unpredicted finish to the season.....congrats Nicky Hayden.

The Doctor really is a class act and possibly the finest this sport has ever seen. When he is having a good day on the right track with the right bike , I dont think anyone could or can best him.

Nicky will now take his place among other American legends of the sport starting with King Kenny, Fast Freddy (dont forget he won 250 AND 500 same year), Steady Eddie, Rainie, Schwantz, and KR Jr. Hopefully this will be the start of many championships to come.
Shriker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #46
John_Fishbeck
Registered Member

Default Congrats to both Nicky and Vale

What a great racing season! Nicky's dramatic and emotional victories at Assen and Laguna Seca. His struggles with HRC (bike development) and Dorna (the Phillip Is Rossi yellow flag episode). The horrible incident with Pedrosa at Estoril.

And how about Vale's down, then up season, starting with that abysmal first turn incident in the season opener at Jerez? And then the various mechanical failures, including the unbelievable lap 21 failure while leading at Le Mans? And then, storming back from a 51 point deficit, Rossi almost manages to pull off an incredible comeback to claim yet another world championship!

My god. What drama, what tension, what fate, what a season. What fun for us MotoGP fans!

In the end two fine sportsman and champions came to the final race to decide the championship. I would have been pleased to see either man take it, 'cause I like and admire both of them. But I surely had a little bit of bias for young Nicky, and am pleased as punch to see him crowned world champion. Waytago Nicky!

But my hat's off to Vale as well, who was truly a class act and exemplary sportsman, going out of his way, despite what must have been intense frustration and disappointment, to contragulate Nicky on his achievement and say nice things about him and Nicky's family. Whadda class guy.

So congratulations to two immensely talented, hard working and competitive motorcycle road racers, who just happen to be decent human beings to boot.

Thanks for a great season of racing. I look forward eagerly to next year and the debut of the 800cc machines.
John_Fishbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 AM   #47
James_Brown
Registered Member

What ridiculous hyperbole. Nicky's a swell guy and all, but if Rossi's bike doesn't break twice, the championship probably isn't close.

I'm glad to see an American win and Nicky deserves all of the plaudits of a champion, but give me a break. Your melodrama is nauseating.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:23 AM   #48
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: What a day for kpaul the GMP

Why, he made it the March before Last.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #49
James_Brown
Registered Member

I'm excited about Stoner riding for Ducati. Once Nicky resigned with Honda, I was rooting for Ducati to sign Melandri or Stoner. Melandri would have been the safer choice, but Stoner has more of the fabled "upside". Best case scenario he becomes the next Schwantz, worse case the next Xaus. Either way, he'll put in some entertaining rides and should be a good teammate for Capirossi.

For 07, the Pramac D'Antin team will be using the same generation bike as the factory team instead of last year's cast-off. While they won't get as many of the "good parts" as the full factory effort, it will be interesting to see if Barros can give Ducati three competitive bikes.

James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ifs don't count.

If Sete doesn't crash out half the field including Capirossi, Ducati would be celebrating the championship right now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote