Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   MotoGP SPOILER! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/3995-motogp-spoiler.html)

DC_Dave 10-15-2006 06:44 AM

Thank you, HRC

When did Dani Pedrosa become Valentino Rossi's team mate?

Whoever decided not to issue team orders to Dani, a non-contender in the championship, should be fired.

chicswank 10-15-2006 06:48 AM

Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

I watched the race live until about lap 12, when the video stream went kaput. Although I am a Rossi fan, I am an American, and I was pulling for Hayden to win the championship this year. I have not been a Pedrosa fan--perhaps it's because he's just too damn good. Rookies aren't supposed to do as well as he has this year. Today, Pedrosa reminded us that he is indeed a rookie. With little chance to win the title, Pedrosa was undoubtedly under team orders to protect his Repsol teammate Nicky's position at all cost, much as Colin Edwards did for Rossi in this race. Instead, Pedrosa's will to win cancelled out team orders, and he stuck his front wheel inside of Nicky's on the fifth lap. The front tucked, Pedrosa low-sided into Nicky, taking both riders out. Nicky was naturally furious, pounding the gravel, shaking his fists at Pedrosa. Was it a rookie mistake? Or does Pedrosa lack what it takes to be a team player? If it's the latter, let's hope Nicky can get out of that contract he just signed with Repsol Honda. MotoGP is tough enough without your teammates trying to take you out.

schizuki 10-15-2006 06:56 AM

Possibly the stupidest performance I have ever seen in any sport in my entire life.

The depths of Pedrosa's idiocy cannot be fathomed. Honda should fire him now.

JLWarrior 10-15-2006 07:11 AM

Pedrosa is lucky I'm not Nicky, he'd have a damn sight more than the broken finger he supposedly suffered in the crash. Nicky was PISSED. Hell, I'm pretty damn angry.

DerkT 10-15-2006 07:18 AM

What's Pedrosa's contract with Honda? Anybody know? The punk piece of s*** should be canned.

If Nick had done the same thing I'd be calling for his head too. That was absolute crap.

Jiffy 10-15-2006 07:23 AM

It is ridiculous the posts I am reading. Accidents happen people. Pedrosa didn't take out Hayden on purpose. It is a shame that it happened but come on.

DerkT 10-15-2006 07:29 AM

What's ridiculous is Pedrosa's attempted pass on his points leading TEAMMATE! That's not an accident. That's stupid, shortsighted, selfish and worthy of being fired.

schizuki 10-15-2006 07:38 AM

You're joking, right?

Hayden was in the championship lead. Pedrosa was out of it. As his teammate, he had NO BUSINESS PASSING HIM. Every point he earns ahead of Hayden is a point Hayden doesn't get.

Once Nicky passed him, it was Pedrosa's duty as an HRC team member to stay back and keep pressure off of him. He never, EVER should have put himself in a position to be dicing with Hayden. And you can bet the team-oriented Honda brass feel the same way, in spades.

DaveFla 10-15-2006 07:49 AM

"And you can bet the team-oriented Honda brass feel the same way, in spades."

My guess is that you're understating it by a few thousand percent...

Jiffy 10-15-2006 07:55 AM

Since when have any "teammates" in Motogp not tried to beat one another in a race. Never.