Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-16-2006, 03:25 AM   #71
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

It seemed to me Nicky was doing a good job of "managing" his lead. This job would have been easier without the clutch issues. To do otherwise would be trying to win a battle while losing sight of the fact that the main objective is to win the war. "Hindsight's 20/20", "that's racing" and "it's not over till it's over". If KRJR could have got in there too...
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2006, 03:52 AM   #72
gropius2
Registered Member

What happened to Nicky is really bad. I'm not his or Rossi's fan, I'm a motoGP fan, and I was hoping to see them both fight for the title with fair play until the end of the season. Unfortunately Pedrosa ruined yesterday's race for Nicky and probably the championship. It's a shame. Even if there were no team orders he should have been more careful with his own teammate. I hope Nicky can overcome this and Pedrosa learns something about team spirit and fair play.
gropius2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #73
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Meant Pedrosa. Meant MotoGP World Champion, Dani is a three-time World Champion already, 1x125 and 2x250.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:38 AM   #74
John_Fishbeck
Registered Member

Yup to all of the above. I would add two things. First, I think that Dani is undoubtedly a talented young rider, with the emphasis on 'young'. I view his error as one of immaturity - simply the hot-headed action of a young gun who wasn't being careful in thinking through the potentially disastrous consequences of taking the chance that he did. One certainly hopes that this will have been a significant growing experience for him - I'm sure glad that I'm not in Pedrosa's shoes today!

Secondly, I'll bet this'll cause Honda HRC to re-think their 'no team orders' policy in future such situations. While I think it's reasonable (although probably not the choice I would have made) that Dani be permitted strut his stuff and do what he can, I also think it reasonable that he be instructed to exercise care not to jeopardize his teammate and points leader's opporunity to finish as best as is possible. After all, as I'm sure HRC team management realizes, the result of their 'hands off', no team orders policy ultimately did them considerable harm. Bet they'll think twice before doing that again!

John_Fishbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:25 AM   #75
obandoj
Founding Member

It has been frustrating to see the preferencial treatment that Honda has given Pedrosa in the final stages of this championship, of course the sponsor is giant oil company Repsol, which is one of the richest companies in Spain, of course Mr. Carmelo Speleta, who is from Spain, has incredible pull with the FIM and Honda. Maybe I am paranoid here, but why was Hayden testing parts and software, on racing weekends, while leading a championship? Why was he having problems with his clutch? In the mean time Pedrosa was riding his usual bike, that he was doing great with, without being bothered by testing and development, I have allways been under the impression that when a racer is leading the points chase in any form of racing, the factory and the sponsors go out of their way to ensure that that competitor has the outmost ammount of support, to make sure he, she, has the best possible chance to bring the championship home!

I guess we will never truly know what transpired, but I think those things enboldened the little *&#* to try and make a hero out of himself in his own back yard and make the stupidest bone headed move in racing in recent history.

I feel for Hayden, but Yamaha and Rossi deserve to win, they have made a great come back fron adversity, and that is the way true professionals and champions act, maybe Honda will learn from it.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 AM   #76
ValkBandit
Registered Member

absolutely right. nicki is fast but he doesn't seem to have the chops to win the title this year. maybe next year.

too bad. would have been cool to have an american winner.

regarding the firing of pedrosa: it'd be stupid. he is a future world champ. just 'cause he pulled a bonehead move doesn't change that.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #77
gforces
Founding Member

>>If Nicky had won this year, it'd be because he managed to capitalize on Rossi's earlier bad breaks.

Well go figure that. I thought that's exactly how championships were won. One guy keeps it all together all year long while everybody else suffers "bad breaks".

Seems to me you've already decided that Rossi's won this year a long time ago--which is probably why Nicky is on a factory Honda and you're on a factory couch.

gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #78
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Go try that insult on the street a few times and get back to us if anyone gets it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:20 AM   #79
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Hard to discount the impact of the FIM's nonenforcement of the rules regarding Rossi's pass under yellow. This season, however it comes out, will be "tainted".
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 AM   #80
ymsamhi
Registered Member

It was just bad luck and racing. They were both fortunate they were not taken out earlier when Hayden did an equally aggresive move in the exact same corner. All of these guys race to win. Thats good for racing and the spectators. Moving over because you were told to, thats bad for everyone and undermines the legitimacy of the sport.

ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote