Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #61
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

Well said...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #62
ksquid
Banned

B.S. Hayden has had a bad clutch all season long. Last year he was going too hard and falling off.. Hayden was doing the smart thing this year, especially given his equipment problems. Really pisses me off that you question Haydens desire or effort. You get on a MotoGP bike with a bad clutch and race the greatest motorcycle racer of all time. Honda should of put Hayden first, issued team orders to Pedrosa. Nicky should have left Honda for Yamaha or Ducati..
Old 10-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #63
ksquid
Banned

Well said..
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #64
ksquid
Banned

That's a good way to put an eye out
Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #65
Jiffy
Registered Member

I think your taking it the wrong way and not looking at all the facts. Rossi had problems many many problems. Hayden has had relatively few. The clutch is the only problem and it was just a problem for the starts from what I have read. The clutch problem has also been used as a proverbial crutch for all the Hayden fans. I said Hayden should have done better to keep a bigger cushion. That is a fact. I get tired of Hayden fans acting like Hayden is being robbed of the championship. That is BS. If he loses it, then he only has himself to blame. If Rossi loses it to Hayden it, then he also only has himself to blame. DNF's, crashes, etc happen in racing.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:32 AM   #66
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Pedrosa was not under team orders. It's assumed teammates will "do the right thing".
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #67
ddlewis
Registered Member

Sure it was a dumb mistake and unfortunate for Nicky who has really stepped up this year. But who doesn't really believe Rossi is the best. If Nicky had won this year, it'd be because he managed to capitalize on Rossi's earlier bad breaks.

And the Pedrosa screwup doesn't change the fact that he's let slip a nice point advantage. You can only blame so much on that clutch/holeshot issue. I get the feeling Nicky has been playing "prevent defense" and that's why he is in this predicament.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:54 AM   #68
pdad13
Founding Member

It was a pretty aggressive move by Hayden. But I got the feeling that Hayden was shocked that he had to even pull a move like that given the circumstances. Dani was going balls out from the first lap and giving no quarter whatsoever and was aggressive in re-passing after Hayden had got by him for third the first time. Team orders or not, Dani should have chilled a bit the first time Hayden got by him. There was plenty of race left.

And it was a similar attempt to what Hayden accomplished, but it was totally botched; he didn't have the room and came in very hot at a crap angle (which, yes, caused him to lose the front on the curbing.)

Not saying that this is you, but any critisism of Hayden being overly aggressive should be directed back at those who've been whining that he's been riding too safely.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:04 AM   #69
chicswank
Registered Member

Agreed. And Dani did the wrong thing.
chicswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:07 AM   #70
pdad13
Founding Member

The clutch issue is far more problematic than just starts. It's not drag racing. It's a 20-some-odd-lap race. A slipping clutch is equivalent to being down on horsepower, especially out of corner exits. They also use the clutch to control wheelies (remember that we're talking about a 340 lb. short-wheelbase bike with a high COG and 240+ horsepower) and to control the power. Then you've got to baby the thing to avoid having it go totally AWOL.

I was reluctant to attribute too much to the clutch problems, too. But it has become clear recently that this is a real problem and HRC has admitted it.

P.S. We all believe Rossi is the best. But it's not simply rider against rider. And it doesn't mean he should win all the time. If that were true, they'd just have a parade lap, hand him his trophy and everyone could go home early.

The point is that the Pedrosa/Hayden incident was not just a mere racing incident. It shouldn't have happened.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote