Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #51
m42
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

how many races did nicky get on the podeum his rookie year? pedrosa is going to race for honda when nicky is gone! rossi had 3 dnf this year. what if he came in second or third were would the point race be like?
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #52
JoeBlade
Founding Member

The really sad thing no one has mentioned yet is that was the second or third extremely agressive move Pedrosa had made on Hayden.

Hayden got by him and looked to be setting up Edwards who was holding him up. Twice before the wreck Pedrosa made an extemely agressive move on Hayden (who was obviously held up by Edwards). Hayden and Pedrosa actually bumped each other three turns before the boneheaded $&$%^&*! crashed Hayden out.

I don't know what Pedrosa was trying to prove but from now on "Pulling a Pedrosa" will be the worst insult I can throw at somebody.

JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #53
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Pedrosa's a great rider but this was b#$%^ move - just admit it.

Rossi's 3 DNFs just equate to Hayden's year long battle to develop a new motorcycle. What if Hayden had the fully developed bike that Pedrosa rode all year? Hayden was supposed to be the backmarker this year riding the bastard 800cc990cc development bike. No one knows what Honda's plan for this bike are but it's well known it wasn't as fast as pedrosa's bike through the first 6 races. Then as it finally started working the clutch started having problems. Causing several mid pack finishes - again comparable to Rossi's DNFs.

Personally I think Rossi caused his own problems this year. Before the season he was too busy driving rally cars and F1 cars and skipped some test sessions. His development problems are his alone. That being said it shows his skill that even not fully concentrating on MotoGP for the full season (in particular early development sessions) he has pulled back so strong.

Regardless I want an american to win and Pedrosa just singlehandedly largely killed those hopes. I hate that robotic spanish midget sonofa%^&*!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #54
JoeBlade
Founding Member

It's important to not that Nicky was NOT supposed to be the team leader this year. He took the 800cc/990cc development bike and made himself the team leader with what many believe was inferior equipment earlier in the season.

Honda's team decisions have always been an enigma, but I think they had a hard time deciding how to deal with the "second rider" pushing himself to the front all season.

Regardless as Nicky stated in his interview the only thing that Pedrosa can do to make it up is to get a second in Valencia to Nicky's first place finish. It's Nicky's best shot for the title.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #55
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Default Re: Lack of Team orders is to blame.

In Edwards interview he was very blunt about protecting Rossi. He didn't seem to even know how to talk about the PedrosaHayden incident - it was almost like he couldn't keep from smiling that the Honda camp could be so stupid.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #56
eaglej
Registered Member

Huh? When Hayden and Pedrosa bumped, it was because Hayden jammed himself inside Pedrosa and forced him wide. That move really surprised me, because Hayden has been riding really conservatively the last 5 races... I thought it was pretty aggressive, and imagine it got Pedrosa's blood up.

Really, Pedrosa made exactly the same move Hayden did on him when the bumped. It looked to me like his front wheel tucked when it touched the curb.

Anyhow- it was stupid. Lots of stupid things happen in racing. He should have known better.

J
eaglej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #57
JoeBlade
Founding Member

I agree Hayden was blocking but I didn't think that Pedrosa had actually shown him a wheel.

In that first incident it looked to me that Pedrosa was trying something that couldn't have stuck and I thought Hayden was more or less saying "settle down son this is my line and you can't have it".

Your right though it probably did get Pedrosa's blood up, but I still think Pedrosa shouldn't have tried that first move either. He should have known better than to try any kind of close pass on Nicky under the circumstances.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #58
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Wow! Carnage aside, what a great race.

Nicky has been running a "development" bike this year, he's going into next season looking Very Good. It's easy to say, particularly clutch wise (particularly in hindsight), that Honda should have focused on giving Hayden a consistent ride to compete with for the Championship at the end of the season. Big Red has the resources to test parts other than at World Championship races... You can bet that hasn't escaped Honda's notice. Truth be told, some of us already knew the obvious.

Honda won the Manufacturers Championship this year, congrats. Part of me thinks that Honda doesn't care about the Riders Championship. I think people remember seasons as Rider X won on brand Y and not vice versa.

Honda has won a ridiculous number of World Championships, two and four wheeled. Who am I to question their methods?

Dani Pedosa is a fantastic rider. It's hard to see him, and others of his stellar freshman class (like Stoner), as other than future World Champions. HRC had to have him, He's an Animal. He'll remember this mistake for the rest of his life, people will remind him of it.

As Nicky says, the only way for Dani to make amends is to follow him home for a HRC 1-2 at Valencia giving Nicky the Championship.

Suppose I'll try to the catch the next one.

This has been the best season I've had the pleasure to enjoy in memory (MotoGP, F-1, World Superbike, AMA Superbike). Next year is shaping up to be better. Life is good.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #59
Jiffy
Registered Member

No one is saying that pedrosa didnt screw up. The point is Hayden lost the championship long ago. He didnt race hard enough to keep his point lead.
Jiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #60
ksquid
Banned

Default You nailed it.

"I think a lot of us just hate that something so stupid could have affected the outcome." Yep that's it. Yes Rossi on any given day is the best rider in the world but it having this happen is just a bummer. It would of been more enjoyable to have it go down to the final race where whoever one the race would win the championship. Now Rossi can just follow Hayden around the track..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote