Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #41
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

Or how about a non HRC Honda?

Maybe they tell KRJR to tangle with Rossi or no new 800cc engines for next year.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #42
RC4ME
Registered Member

Sorry Boys,

Nicky had 51 friggin points lead and he blew it. In the last 5 races he hasnt brought it.

You dont win/lose a championship in 1 race. Valentino had DNF in three races this year and if Nicky was serious about winning he had 5 races to prove it .

R
RC4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
killer5280
Registered Member

Mistakes happen. Machinery breaks. Racing's tough. Some mistakes are tolerable, understandable and forgiveable. Pedrosa's mistake today with the championship coming down to the wire is none of the above. That was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in racing, and that includes the time when both Mario and Michael Andretti plowed into the same disabled car on a street course--a car that had been missed by every other driver in the race.
killer5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #44
schizuki
Founding Member

Oh. Well, in that case, Pedrosa did nothing wrong.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

With a bad clutch.

Seriously, you could be right, but I don't know if you can put it all on Hayden. HRC has already admitted that they can't solve the problem. You want to chase Valentino down with a bad clutch?

All things being equal and strictly rider against rider, Rossi's going to win almost every time--against anyone. No argument there. But HRC seems to have a hand in this mess, too. They certainly haven't helped Hayden take advantage of Rossi's rare season of misfortune. Like I already said, it is a team sport.

With all of the problems Yamaha and Rossi have had to overcome while still winning the most races, Rossi is unquestionably deserving if it turns out in his favor. I think a lot of us just hate that something so stupid could have affected the outcome.

pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #46
gforces
Founding Member

I don't think I like your tone, and your defeatist attitude, Mister!
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #47
tecromatica
Registered Member

Dani simply screwed the pooch! Watch it over and over again... there was no need for him to go into that turn as hard as he did. Anyone with that much racing experience knows the risks to the outside bike when passing on the inside. You wipe out and your likely taking that bike with you.

I would not want him on my team that's for sure. You think that he'll be on the team next year? No way... he didn't just screw Hayden, he screw'd the whole team.

Just a stupid, stupid move...
tecromatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #48
tecromatica
Registered Member

Oh yeah! One more thing! What an awesome race! From the Pedrosa/Hayden wipe out to the finish it was a good one!
tecromatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #49
DC_Dave
Founding Member

Someone must get fired over this. I am grateful, however, that I no longer have to consider a Honda in any of my purchasing decisions.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #50
bk6a
Founding Member

perhaps rossi is the better rider, but motogp is about the bikes AND the fn riders...dani ought to be hung by his bits and fed to wild dogs...no team orders makes sense early in the season, but at this point, with the title on the line, dani should have been acting as a team mate, not as a loner trying bloody squid moves to get by.
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote