Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #31
ksquid
Banned

Default Lack of Team orders is to blame.

If you watched the race, you saw Colin Edwards following Yamaha team orders by holding people up and letting Rossi go. Although Tony Elias got by eventually. Indeed Hayden talks about the lack of team orders in this interview as well as the great job Edwards was doing to help Rossi Wach Hayden interview
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #32
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

As yellow_duc says Jiffy obviously didn't wath the race and saw what Edwards was doing for Rossi. In Formula one Team orders happen all the time..
Old 10-15-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
Archer1022
Registered Member

Hayden was not "handed" anything; he built the points lead from consistent podium finishes and hard work. True, Rossi has suffered 3 DNFs because the Yamaha has had problems, but Hayden has ridden better than the rest of the pack by far this year.

The real disapointment is HRC. They seemingly decided mid season to give up on Hayden. Clutch problems for christ sake!! This is MotoGP and HONDA has clutch problems...wait, only Hayden has clutch problems, the rest of the Hondas go fine. Haydens poor results recently allowed Rossi to return to the title hunt, these results all courtesy of HRC's stupidity. Finally, "no team orders" is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard of. HRC is the real villian in this travesty. If I were Nick, I'd be looking to move to Yamaha or Ducati next year...if I didn't already sign a contract.

Unbelievable
Archer1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #34
ksquid
Banned

Agreed, Well said you nailed it. Clutch problems all year long and Hayden still was leading until this race.. And now no team orders shame shame HRC.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #35
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Lack of Team orders is to blame.

Also Edwards stated before the race that he was going to protect Valetino and Rossi thanked him for the good job in his post-race remarks.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #36
pdad13
Founding Member

Yes, you're right. Although, does it really have to be stated that under any circumstances--especially this one--you do not take out your team mate with such willful disregard? I guess so. If no team orders were to be given someone should have at least told Dani to chill a bit if Hayden got by him. Could it have been any worse?

Believe it or not, yes. Hayden could have been hurt and not able to ride at Valencia. As bad as Dani looks now, imagine had that been the case.

When asked for comment, the Big Chief at HRC said simply, "I have no words."

Well, there Big Chief, perhaps someone at HRC should have had some words for Pedrosa before this colossal eff-up was given a chance to occur.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #37
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Lack of Team orders is to blame.

Thanks I didn't know that.. That's what teamates are supposed to do for each other...Edwards is a class act. Nicky is handling it much better that I would of handled it.. i.e. Nicky is a class act too.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #38
ddlewis
Registered Member

I agree. Val has suffered setbacks in the form of bike trouble, now Nicky suffers in the form of his rookie teamates foolish mistake. That's racing.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:47 PM   #39
schizuki
Founding Member

I wonder if Dani will go to the opposite extreme at Valencia and kamikaze Rossi.

(I know, that's goofy. But if he dices with Rossi and they go down, you can bet that will be the speculation.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think "don't run with scissors" was on that poster as well.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote