Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 PM   #91
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP SPOILER!

One thing that someone pointed-out on another site - IF Hayden can win the next race, and IF Vale makes 3rd or worse - Nicky can bring home the Title, by one point.

Not that I'm saying it's likely to happen - but just THINK - what if it DID?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #92
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Then...

...I think we would all be witness to possibly the most dramatic, unpredicitable and amazing GP season ever. And even if it doesn't happen, it's been pretty amazing anyway.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #93
ddlewis
Registered Member

"Seems to me you've already decided that Rossi's won this year a long time ago--which is probably why Nicky is on a factory Honda and you're on a factory couch..."

I sit here on my factory couch pulling for Nicky to win. He's the underdog American and I wanted him to bring it home. I'm just pointing out that he wasn't exactly robbed of the title.. He's had his lucky breaks and a big lead at one point. No sense getting bitter now and stringing up Pedrosa by his nads.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 AM   #94
bboule
Founding Member

Keep in mind a lot of Rossi's wins & catch-up points have come as the Yamaha has dramatically improved late in the season while Nicky's Honda has been a mess a lot of the season.

I won't argue Rossi is not the best.. but HRC has been a freakin mess this year, always making Hayden ride new parts that are not particularly well thought out. With the amount of money they have they should have had dual setups where Hayden had both the mature and developing bike and could pick and choose which one to ride. Cause the old one that Dani rides sure seems to have been more consistent this season.

Hayden has improved dramatically over the last year and a half, Yamaha's bike has improved dramatically this year. Hopefully next year we will see both Honda and Yamaha on the ball with their new bikes for the whole season, so the riders can duke it out to see who is best.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:30 AM   #95
obandoj
Founding Member

You got that right, if it would have been anyone else but Rossi passing under the yellow, they would have been penalized by the mighty FIM. By the way, I am a great fan of Valentino, but the rules are the rules, period!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #96
raven_rider
Registered Member

and you're reasoning for "doesn't have the chops" is?? He's in the championship lead, he's got to protect that lead. So a rider comes on strong late in the season...and that immediately means that Hayden is a chump, can't ride, isn't a closer...yadda yadda.

Even if Rossi wins the last two races...Hayden finishes behind him and he wins the title...but Hayden "doesn't have the chops"; even though he's fighting mechanical problems and still bringing it home w/legitimate points.

...and a previous world title-holder and "future world champ" doesn't make "bonehead moves"...Pedrosa of all people doesn't get a pass. Either he's amazing and a "future world champ" because of how well he did in his rookie year - and he takes the full responsibility for the action...or he's an immature chump that makes "bonehead moves" and his head is on the chopping block. Which is it?
raven_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #97
raven_rider
Registered Member

The statement that "Hayden lost the championship long ago" is about the most knuckleheaded thing to say. In case you missed it, Hayden was leading the championship.

So what kind of points-cushion would he need to - in the eyes of jiffy - still be the championship points leader? Do you need 35? 50? 100? points on the #2 rider to be a REAL championship leader? Or do you just need to have more than the next guy...kinda like Hayden had before his teammate took him out?

Hayden may very well have lost the championship, that was a very real possibility. But crap man!! Your statement leaves no responsibility for Pedrosa since "Hayden lost it long ago". You're joking right?
raven_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #98
team222
Founding Member

Default Dismiss the Honda Team Manager...Go From There

The Honda Team Manager should be dismissed immediately. Nothing less.

Is it possible he is the same person that told the press a few years back that Rossi was not the reason Honda was winning Championships...it was all Honda Motorcycles that were the reason for winning?

Mike

team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #99
team222
Founding Member

It amazes me that nomatter what happens there are people like you that can rationalize it somehow ....as if nothing really happened.

Entertain us with what you would have posted it Pedosa would have killed Nicky with this pass that should never had happened in the first place!!!!!!!

Mike
team222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #100
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Sometimes I wonder why I bother...

A pretty small group of people claim to never make a mistake, 100% of them are full of sh!t.

Dani went to Nicky afterward and came to an understanding that resulted in their shaking hands.

I can let it go. YOU?

My position on the death and serious injury of Riders is well documented in this forum. I don't have to guess my reaction to these tragedies, I've SEEN it happen, up close, live.

Amazed? Entertained?

Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote