Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 09-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #31
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: To Rossi or Not To Rossi? This is the ?

I think Nicky is having problems with his clutch at the start, not that there is something wrong with the clutch itself.

What worries me more is how he is riding in the middle and end of the race. He rides like he has a big points lead - very conservative. It also seems to me that his riding style has changed. I don't seem him 'backing it in' in corners near as much as he used to. Pedrosa hasn't done so well as his first race either.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #32
orcyclist
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden - bad starts?

You must not have the pay per view on motogp.com. If you watched the FP and QP you would see all of the riders practicing starts.

The previous poster is precisely correct about Laguna and turn 4. I have photos to prove it.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #33
orcyclist
Founding Member

As much as I am a Hayden fan, I have watched Vale through the years and he has proved himself to be THE superior rider over the long haul. His ability to win on Honda and Yamaha shows that it IS the rider and not the bike. Just listen to his signature line "Yes, is possible. . ." That tells it all.

If you saw him in person you would see how efficiently and elegantly he moves on the bike and how he truly becomes one with his machine. (for all of you non-racers and non-track day guys. It is very difficult to put in ONE good lap, much less 26 or 28 near identical ones. ALL of these MotoGP riders are so good it is hard to believe.

HOWEVER I AM ROOTING FOR HAYDEN!!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #34
orcyclist
Founding Member

Unless it is the rider who lets them down. C'mon Nicky - GO FOR IT!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #35
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

I saw a quote from Nicky about the clutch. It's a big problem on the starts but it's also a problem during the race. Instead of being consistent on the overrun into the corners he says its like a switch and slides the tire at odd moments so he can't comfortably back it in as he would like. You would think HRC with all it's resources would be able to get it right.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #36
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Having said that though, I want Nick to win but in all honesty Vale is from another planet and he sure is fun to watch!
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #37
Dangerousdave_2
Founding Member

As a VFR rider, I'm not sure that what you seem to have in mind is "What the interceptor should be" What it should have is a few more inches, a few less pounds and state of the art suspension. The VFR is a sport/touring bike (emphasis on sport) and not a full on crotch rocket. These old bones can still haul ass for four or five hundred miles, and still be eager to get back on it in the morning. What? 150 mph isn't fast enough? Gray hair, no ponytail. (GHNPT)
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #38
hobbywhore
Founding Member

Valentino Rossi is a master of the mental side of the sport, just like Tiger Woods is of his. I am sure Nicky Hayden feels a tremendous amount of pressure knowing that the best rider of all times is right behind you waiting to make his move. This only makes the possibility of mental mistakes by Hayden and his team even greater. I think Rossi will prevail again in 06, one of the most exciting MotoGP seasons in the last couple of years.
hobbywhore is offline   Reply With Quote