Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 AM   #21
ripper0303
Registered Member

Default Re: To Rossi or Not To Rossi? This is the ?

If Capirossi hadn't stacked courtesy of Gibernau, he might be leading the Championship. If Rossi hadn't had 3 DNFs, he'd have won the title by now. And it would be his 6th MotoGP title in a row not 5th. He would also enter the record books as being the only rider to win all 980cc MotoGP tiles on offer. You can bet he is also aiming to be the first to win a 800cc title. Hayden is only there because the others have given him points, not because he is the best.
ripper0303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #22
squidwardo
Founding Member

Regardless of how this plays out, Rossi is a stud. There are few riders today who could have the season he has had so far and be in the hunt for the title. I know lots of people who were claiming he could not make it when he was down fifty odd points. Thing is, he has won his titles by one hundred points plus, so fifty is nothing for him.

I might be wrong about this, but didn't Nicky have similar problems last year? He was doing very well, and then it just began to come apart on him.

squidwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 AM   #23
cfc
Registered Member

Default Hayden - bad starts?

Maybe Nicky needs to go to drag racing school! If a bad start is going to loose you the season maybe it's time to talk to the people who really know how to get off the line!

They must practice their starts in private, as I've never seen anybody doing it on the track.
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #24
staff
Registered Member

2006 would be his fifth "MotoGP" title in a row ('02 thru '05). The 2001 championship was still under the 500cc class. It wasn't officially called MotoGP until 2002.--MO
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: The battle of the Titans...i.e. There can only be one MO GMP

Now he's f&cking doomed.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #26
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Hayden - bad starts?

They do it at the end of every practice and qualifying session. At Laguna, they line-up at the exit of turn-4.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #27
zenjim
Registered Member

Wah Wah Wah with Nicky Hayden's bike problems. Rossi 's in the fight after 3 DNFs!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 AM   #28
christian_gates
Founding Member

It's debatable and I'm in no position to judge, but the trap speeds seem to suggest that Ducati has a substantial top speed advantage (5 km / hour?). I have been under the impression, possibly mistaken, that the Honda tuned for a bit more power than Yamaha is as easy to ride; with much more power it is somewhat harder to ride.

Rossi seems to be pushing harder this year, which could be due to better other riders, equipment differences or whatever. I personally think that the inline-4 engine configuration is inferior to the V-3/4/5 although I just think that - not a very scientific feeling.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 AM   #29
hector154
Founding Member

Rossi will win, yet again.
hector154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #30
ksquid
Banned

Default Seattle by 7

LOL Yes longride never under estimate the power of GMP. Seattle by 7 over da Bears..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote