Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 09-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: To Rossi or Not To Rossi? This is the ?

Back in May when Rossi was in 8th place, I said - oh, wait, let me rephrase that it MOronese - Back in May, Schizuki the Stupendous Motorcycle Swami predicted;

"If Rossi shakes the bad luck and his tires and bike don't let him down, he will be the champion at the end of the season. And that's exactly what I think will happen. I predict either Pedrosa or Hayden in second."

I'll stick with that.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
ksquid
Banned

Default The battle of the Titans...i.e. There can only be one MO GMP

I say Hayden will win

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: The battle of the Titans...i.e. There can only be one MO GMP

I hope you're right.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
pdad13
Founding Member

Apparently, "playing it safe" is the way Honda wants it. They frown upon "win or crash" riders.

Since none of us actually know what problems may or may not be real with Hayden's bike, it's hard to say what the issue is. But Pedrosa and Puig, given the choice between the standard RCV and the Evolution version, chose the standard version. Hayden, as the lead development rider, didn't have that choice. It's even been reported that Pedrosa, after riding the Evo, has said that he couldn't believe that Hayden had been so fast on it.

I didn't see Pedrosa anywhere near the front today, either. Neither Repsol bike had been at the front this week. Let's not put it all on the riders.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #15
ValkBandit
Founding Member

the momentum belongs to rossi. too bad. it looked to be hayden's best shot at it. he (and/or his bike) just don't seem to have the speed.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Read some euro blog thus morning and in the most basic terms the HRC boss was so p!ssed that the clutch failed again he's already told the team that if they let Nicky down and he looses the Champ title to Vale that "heads will roll". So the boss knows there is a problem. Now, how do you fix it?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:23 AM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

CONFIRMED: HRC's new bike is a V4 (GP- anyway). The Interceptor lives...... Kpaul mentioned a few days ago that he believes that a new 800 class is coming. I thought I read something, somewhere a few weeks back about Kawi testing a 800 Ninja platform. Suzuki is probably all over that since the 750 is already a track weapon. Maybe, we can get Honda to make the Interceptor the bike it should be. Figure V-4 machines would make a comeback.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #18
christian_gates
Founding Member

Keep in mind that Rossi's bike, regardless of how well developed, appears to be fundamentally inferior to the Honda's and not better than the Ducatis.

A Rossi championship on Yamaha is an upset in and of itself.

Goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 AM   #19
bboule
Founding Member

All they have to do is give Hayden a decently working bike and have him stick to Rossi like Glue and he wins.

He doesn't even have to win, just stay within striking distance of Rossi.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 AM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Drinking the Kool-aide, huh? No one has bought the inferior M1 thing for 2 seasons. The first year Rossi was on the bike it WAS inferior and Rossi was incredible. But outside of some glitches early in this season, even Rossi believes the bikes are on the same playing field. It may have slightly less power but the delivery of the power to the ground is spot-on. Rossi gets better grip off corners and has great straight line power. Honda and Ducati have great power numbers but no corner drive (without spinning up). Sell that "inferior" line to someone who doesn't pay attention to the sport.

Rossi is THAT good, however. I like the guy but I want Nicky to pull through.