Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Rossi Roaring Closer to Hayden.

If Honda decides they want to give Hayden all-out support for this years championship they'll stop putting him on that experimental inboard clutch that's overheated and failed three consecutive races.

If Friday morning he's out testing development parts again I think a) he's gonna lose his points lead, and b) he'll be riding a Ducati or Yamaha next year.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
giuliom
Registered Member

Hayden should thanks the rain gods. When the race first started Rossi was riding like a maniac and Hayden was in no-point land. If it had not started raining now he would have Rossi about 10-12 points away. BTW, what kind of stupid way is that to run a race? Switching the ride with all the chaos, etc. It allowed the race to be decided a lot more by the pits: welcome to the marriage of Formula 1 and Moto GP.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
Humpydogg
Founding Member

The Spaniards are going to make it tough on Nicky, no matter what he does.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
Tigercub
Founding Member

Hayden needs a better start than he got last week, no rain and finish ahead of Rossi or at least just behind him - should be fun!!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member

Nicky has had clutch problems all season. Not his fault. He's racing and not complaining- just wants working equipment. Rossi scored major points by pulling the "I didn't see the flag" line and Nicky's still keepeing cool. If Nicky remains calm and pushes and HRC can deliver a clutch that works on launch Nicky should be fine. If Nicky looses the Championship because of the Rossi got away with cheating the last race then watch Yamaha offer Nicky BIG money to race with Vale again. If Nicky wins the title then HRC will offer even more money for Nicky on a two year deal. I just hope that the 800 offers better clutch performance.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
ksquid
Banned

Excellent analysis.. Nicky is taking the high road.. It would be tempting for me to get angry and lash out at Rossi, the MotoGP officials, and even Honda. If Honda dumps him (I don't think they will no matter how he ends up but you never know I never thought they would let Rossi go over to Yamaha right?).. Yamaha, Suzuki and even kawasaki will line up with the Check book in hand.

Under that ah yucks All American boy exteririor Nicky is a serious competitor.. I saw that come out in a few interviews on MotoGp.com and Wind Tunnerl
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #7
ksquid
Banned

Great points. come on Honda stop messing around and let the guy win for ya.. Let the second teamer Danny P experiment.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
ksquid
Banned

Ducati too i.e. he could replace Sete (nice guy but doesn't have the eye of the tiger, got itimidated by Rossi)
Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Didn't rossi put the voo-doo on him (Sete)earlier this year? Something doesn't seem natural about Nicky being on a Ducati. I can see Yamaha but Kawasaki and Suzuki haven't been able to compete consistanly and Nicky wants wins. Looks like HRC or Yam. At least, that's what Dad, his agent and his bros should be telling him.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Luv me that MotoGP and you make an excellent point. Still it great to see Nicky get the relative lackluster 4th in the rain. Nicky's never been a rain rider - it shows how hard he's been working the last few seasons.

I'm going to try and get to Valencia for the final race - haven't found passes yet online, but this thing will come down to the last race. If Nicky wins it I want to be there!
JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote