Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-02-2001, 02:44 PM   #11
tal4321
Founding Member

Default Re: JohnBoy Gets a Job

hey, you in the second post:

what makes you think the two strokes are better tahn the four strokes?

the four strokes are stronger, not lighter, but only fall in some 10kg's so what? they are way faster, even bostrum can get to their lap times....

just think before you speak

tal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2001, 03:35 PM   #12
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: 500cc v 1000cc... yeah right.

let me amend that then - if the 4strokes come too close ON THE STRAIGHTAWAYS(because we all know lighter bikes corner faster(look at 250 gp)), then they will uncork them. whatever dude...it's gonna be exciting as hell to watch. i think the 4stroke public is in for a shock
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 03:50 PM   #13
James
Founding Member

Doesn't stand a chance. Well, a four-strole just turned in a faster lap than the 2-stroke lap record at one of the GP tracks (it's posted in MO). Don't bet on the 2-strokes. They can't sell derivatives of them on the street any more. The money is in four strokes.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 05:22 PM   #14
Lincoln
Founding Member

i cannot believe that 4stroke fans are jumping all over this "fast lap" turned by Bostrom. its friggin practice man! first off, are you at all implying that a superbike could compete with a grand prix bike? is that what you're saying? becuase if you are, you are dead wrong. even bostrom himself would laugh at you if he heard that. second, 250's have turned faster laps at some tracks than the 500's. i guess that means that 250's are taking over, huh? boy, you 4stroke fans will jump at any scrap the press throws you huh?
Old 03-03-2001, 06:11 AM   #15
john
Founding Member

just remember that racing is still win on sunday sell on monday. The manufacturers know this. their is a much bigger market for, and therefore more money in, 4 strokes. They will get more research than 2 strokes, and ultimately made to be more efficient and lighter than 2 strokes. They may not be now, but hey, that is where the money is.
Old 03-03-2001, 12:59 PM   #16
Lincoln
Founding Member

no, they will never be lighter or more efficient than 2strokes. they will, however, please the EPA more. i will concede that to you
Old 03-04-2001, 06:19 AM   #17
dexman
Founding Member

Not only will they please the EPA, they will also be extinct. Stop flogging a dead horse.
dexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 10:09 AM   #18
john
Founding Member

Well, tell me this. Why, in F1 racing do they use 4 strokes? I have never seen anything in the rules that prohibits 2 strokes, but maybe i missed it.

Once they start using hydraulic or electrical valve actuation systems, they will be able to have infinitely adjustable intake and exhaust valve timing. Combined with todays fuel injection and ignition systems, i think they will indeed give 2 strokes a run for their money power and weight wise.
Old 03-04-2001, 01:42 PM   #19
dexman
Founding Member

I meant that 2 strokes do not please the EPA and will be extinct soon.
dexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:40 AM   #20
doohan
Founding Member

How can an engine configuration with extra moving parts be more effecient and/or lighter then one with out? ie VALVES. Use your head before spouting off.
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote