Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #31
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: Wild Finish at Assen!

Yeah, my wife and I were laughing our arses off during the post-race interview. That "A" logo for A-Style is quite suggestive.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #32
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Wild finish at Assen!

"all joking aside is nobody watching the world cup in the US? ..if not why not?"

Because the players scream and writhe in pain when someone brushes up lightly against them, and when they score goals they suck their thumbs and simulate sex with each other.

We don't like such unmanliness in athletes. Or in any man, for that matter.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #33
pdad13
Founding Member

It's because soccer ("football" to the rest of the world) "highlights" are usually comprised mostly of some dudes missing the huge net by about a minimum of five feet. It happens about six times a game. Once every blue moon someone actually manages to dribble the ball to the goalkeeper. Then, on certain astronomical occasions, someone actually manages to score a goal. Haley's Comet comes to mind.

Sprinkle in some fake injury histronics.

The rest of the time...nothing.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #34
dmorga1
Founding Member

Default ?? about motoGP

Hey, I don't really watch TV, but this motorcycle racing thing is kind of interesting to me--kind of like horse racing for modern times. What size bikes are these guys riding? They look like 600-size? What kind of power and weight are they running? I was just looking at this picture of Edwards hanging on to the side of his Yamaha for dear life before finally having to ditch it. Testament to the inertial stability of motorcycles--he's in the gravel and that bike is still straight upright. How fast was he going at the time?? How fast can they go on most tracks?
dmorga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 AM   #35
dingling
Founding Member

Not fair. I brought the "snack" to the team games. I was a "soccer dad". BUt It is boring. I guess as we never played it. But in some countries officials have been shot for a bad call and one player was whacked for scoring on his team by mistake. No thanks.
dingling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #36
dingling
Founding Member

It excited my dogs.
dingling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #37
killer5280
Registered Member

Default Re: ?? about motoGP

MotoGP bikes are 1000 cc prototypes which put out about 240 hp and weigh quite a bit less (320 lb. minimum weight) than your typical 600 cc sportbike. On this particular track the top speed is just over 180 mph, but on tracks with longer straights they will go well over 200.

I don't know how fast Edwards was going when he crashed.
killer5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
layback
Founding Member

IT was awesome!!!

I watched the WHOLE race on motogp.com saturday "live"

oh yeah, also sent this forum a nice post right after the race but it never got posted.

Guess i don't rate......
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #39
killer5280
Registered Member

I have played soccer for 35 years and I used to get angry with people who made comments like this. But after watching several hundred of these guys take dives and fake injuries, along with the pathetic officiating and the constant references by announcers about how frickin' "beautiful" Brazil plays, I'm disgusted with soccer.
killer5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:30 AM   #40
bk6a
Founding Member

i should have rather thought it was in a good way...for americans!
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote