Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   Wild Finish at Assen! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/3705-wild-finish-assen.html)

gbrummett 06-26-2006 02:17 PM

Funny guy...

Funny guy, you know Buell has never entered a bike in MotoGP, in fact they never will with the engines they have.

gbrummett 06-26-2006 02:18 PM

No way, he's used to that!

Nicky is and old dirt bike racer and knows a thing or two about racing in through the dirt,

DC_Dave 06-26-2006 04:22 PM

Re: Wild finish at Assen!

What do you think of Nick going over to MotoGP and now leading the championship-- doesn't that demonstrate some toughness? Learning the tracks, the bikes, the competitors?

Or has it been too easy for him so far (best team, best bike, etc.) to demonstrate whether he has what it's going to take to go the distance at the world championship level?

The_Aerodynamic_Head 06-26-2006 05:08 PM

Re: No way, he's used to that!

That's fair, so far as it goes. But I'll bet he didn't know squat about racing an RC211V (with how much horsepower?!) through the dirt. Not before now anyway.

schizuki 06-26-2006 05:39 PM

Re: No way, he's used to that!

On slicks?

DaveFla 06-26-2006 05:50 PM

Re: Wild Finish at Assen!

Yes, kudos to Nicky, looks like he's in the catbird seat for his first championship if he stays consistent. He's a nice guy and comes up with a good quote now and again, like after his practice crash at Daytona.

But MAN was I ever pulling for the Tornado to finally get *his* win! I'd seen the headlines, so I knew he hadn't been hurt bad, but that was a nasty-looking getoff. I cheered when I saw CE up, on the bike, and getting a push for his eventual 13th.

killer5280 06-26-2006 10:49 PM

Re: Wild Finish at Assen!

I'm with you. I have been pulling for Nicky to win all year, but when I saw his victory was a result of Edwards' mistake I was bummed. Nice photos on superbikeplanet.com of Colin coming off the bike.

You would think Colin's been around long enough to know better, but the pressure affects veterans too.

I'm going for Colin at Donington.

dingling 06-27-2006 12:16 AM

I figure ANYBODY that rides at that level has HUGE cojones. I was just upset about Edwards. It was very exciting. But I was pulling for Edwards. What was it, the last 200 hundred feet?

Some of you mentioned a broken hand. Wasn't his shifting foot busted up also?

Tadgh 06-27-2006 02:52 AM

ya we are too busy with the world cup to concentrate on moto gp...even rossi was probably thinking that italy beat america last week i better let them win something...!

schizuki 06-27-2006 04:10 AM

"even rossi was probably thinking that italy beat america last week i better let them win something...!"

Er, it was a 1-1 draw, dude.

The Italian media and soccer fans were apoplectic. In a bad way.