Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Italian MotoGP--SPOILER

Who said Rossi was washed up? oh yeah bigdx...OK.. nevermind..I missed the race working on my new house... bummer.. Oh well good thing I signed up for MotoGP video..on demand....Yep this internet thing is good.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #22
Llamaguy
Registered Member

I wonder if anybody there understood Nicky during the press conference? I could barely make out what he was saying and I don't live that far from Kentucky!

Also, why is MotoGP coverage have such poor video compared to AMA racing????
Llamaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #23
ksquid
Banned

I have wondered the same thing... The video on demand via web ain't that hot in either case (MotoGP or AMA).. cause the resoluiton is so low.. If we could just get motorcycle racing in high def...Ok someone slap me I am daydreaming...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #24
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Default Best Season Ever?

I predict the season will continue the same way. 3 - 5 riders constantly changing the top 3 spots.

Brilliance will occasionaly be shown by the new rookies, and Melandri.

Nicky will be the most consistent and solid rider. Constantly on the podium and at least twice on the highest step. Did you notice the power of Nicky's Honda during the race. He was consistently catching the Ducati and Rossi on the straight with little drafting. Capirossi and Rossi both were able to outbrake after he pulled even from 3 - 5 bike lenghts back on the straight. If Nicky takes every second and wins Laguna Seca he'll win the championship!

Rossi, will be able to win half the remaining races. That might or might not get him back into the top spot for the season if Nicky stays consistent and get's lucky! Did you catch Rossi's comment in the post race interview? "It was difficult yes? I push and was difficult? Then I let off throttle for half a second and I'm back in fifth!". I took this to mean that he was intending to give up the lead and chase for awhile (a classic Rossi maneuver) and not realizing how close and tight the pack was behind him instead of falling to second he fell to fifth! Perhaps a mistake, but still fantastic riding and strategy on his part in the end!

Ducati will take at least three more race wins. Perhaps split 2 - 1 between Capirossi and Gibernau. I think Gibernau will finally break the curse and win a race by year end. And yes, I'd love to see Rossi on a Ducati at some point as well.

I went to Laguna from Georgia last year and wasn't planning to go again. Maybe now, I need to start looking for tickets and a bike rental out there. I may not want to miss it!

Regardless, this may be one of the closest fought championships ever, and we the fans get the priviledge of watching!
JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

"Also, why is MotoGP coverage have such poor video compared to AMA racing????"

It seems most European video is flat and washed-out. Every television program from the BBC looks like it was filmed in 1972. Maybe it has something to do with their different AC?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:35 PM   #26
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

What do you mean?
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #27
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

So you never saw Miguel hanging with Spies lap after lap.......

Not bad for an "old guy".
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'll have to talk to some of my broadcasting friends and find out. My thought was that's it's making a mighty long journey from there but then the network Olympic coverage looked pretty good.

I don't know if American standards are higher in terms of equipment or not.

Maybe all the Euro Unions require so much crap one can only afford to use the cheapo equipment!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #29
Mollygrubber
Founding Member

Hell, my WIFE was yelling at the TV louder than I was. Of course, she thinks Rossi is 'cute' (like a baby wolverine?).What a great race though, in my top 3 at least.

Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #30
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Default Re: Best Season Ever?

I take back my comment on Gibernau! Apparently his toe slider broke and he wound up wearing through his boot, causing him to go from fighting for the lead to 5th and ending the race with a bloody little toe!

When Rossi's Gypsy Curse can cause you that much trouble due to a toe slider, I no longer think he'll win a race this year!

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/moto...ip_id=3§ion=1
JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote