Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   Unsportsmanlike Rossi? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/3604-unsportsmanlike-rossi.html)

JBAXX 05-22-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Unsportsmanlike Rossi?

Actually, it was Pedrosa that cut across Rossi's front tire, knocking Vale off His line and unfortunately, into De Puniet. I thought Pedrosa was going to cry in the post-race interview after losing the lead and ending in third. As for Nicky, he gutted out an impressive fifth considering He was battling the flu (and Casey Stoner). He is by far the most consistent rider this year, hence the champoinship points leader. The wins will come, but there are a lot of fast guys this year!

ksquid 05-22-2006 08:36 AM

Re: It's liffe get used to it.

A step down? Hodgson won WSB a few years ago?

ksquid 05-22-2006 09:01 AM

You might be right but Rossi is in a distance 8th place.

ksquid 05-22-2006 09:12 AM

You are right though Rossi looked great until his bike quit on him.

bollert 05-22-2006 09:56 AM

On Nicky, Nicky has been struggling from the beginning in this field, he probably ascended too fast out of AMA (remember how pissed Colin was?), but he was a popular kid so Honda wanted him up there. The fact that he is in contention is AMAZING. He is riding faster, but still within his limits. As his limits go up, so does his rankings. If he wins the title for being second fastest and first smartest, doesn't he deserve it? As far as him hanging it all out, think Schwantz. Moments of exciting brilliance, and tons of crashes. Now think Lawson. Who is remembered as the better racer??

ikonoklass 05-22-2006 10:24 AM

I have to wonder what will happen if Rossi finishes poorly this year, for whatever reason. Might make him think twice about jumping ship to F1 ... Might also make him think about moving to another manufacturer next year. What do you guys think about Colin Edwards?

travisyoung 05-22-2006 11:16 AM

I thought it *looked* unsportsmanlike, but I don't know anything about motorcycle racing (not that being ignorant has ever stopped me before).

It seems like Rossi should be responsible for where his front wheel ends up...did the guy he bumped from behind take a crazy line or something? In any event bad luck for de Puneit and for Rossi.

Rossi looks unbeatable when his bike holds together. Interesting that Capirossi was hoping for rain. Anyone know why?

acecycleins 05-22-2006 11:28 AM

Re: It's liffe get used to it.

Hodgson can't find a suitable factory WSB ride or he'd be there. Oh, and the fact that Ducati Corse is paying him more money to ride that bike than anyone on the AMA paddock.

acecycleins 05-22-2006 11:31 AM

Break out the tin hats- Rossi doesn't have to be good this year. He's racing F1 no matter what next year...

acecycleins 05-22-2006 11:32 AM

Loris races great in the wet and the Duc used traction control. I'd race wet, too.