Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #31
ksquid
Banned

Default Not fair.

That video is such a croc....How many titles has Ducati won since inlines have gotten the displacement increase? All of those Duc titles were against 750 inline 4s and the occasional Honda and Aprilla V-Twin. Colin Edwards won the title on a RC51....

That Kawasaki blowing up was the venerable ZX-7R. Great machine in its day... i.e it could beat any Buell ever made Harley for that matter..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #32
Scaglietti
Founding Member

Default Re: Capirossi Completes Jerez ''Triple Crown''

I believe in order for any motorcycle to qualify for AMA racing the rules state it does needs to be in production. A manufacturer needs to be able to produce so many street versions of the motorcycle in order for there to be a version (highly modified) in AMA racing. Too bad Ducati couldn't make a streetable version of the Desmosedici. The sound of that bike is just awesome (I was at turn 4 at Laguna for last years US Grand Prix).
Scaglietti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #33
Scaglietti
Founding Member

I believe in order for any motorcycle to qualify for AMA racing the rules state it does needs to be in production. A manufacturer needs to be able to produce so many street versions of the motorcycle in order for there to be a version (highly modified) in AMA racing. Too bad Ducati couldn't make a streetable version of the Desmosedici. The sound of that bike is just awesome (I was at turn 4 at Laguna for last years US Grand Prix).
Scaglietti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:54 AM   #34
bmwdude
Founding Member

Yep, the adventure tourer's friend. Ride one of these babies and you'll never have trouble starting a camp fire.

The only drawback is the walk home.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 AM   #35
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: Not fair.

Oh sour grapes!!!

It's from a Ducati fan site. Did you expect'm to say something bad about Ducati?

Think of it in the same way as pep rally back in school.

"Go Team!!!"

Besides, if you check the stats from this year, you'll find a Duc rider somewhere on the podium more often than not. (ama-sbk, fim-sbk and fim-grand Prix)

Naturally there are exceptions such as Formula Xtreme but we'll leave that to Buell. (snicker :-O)
Old 03-28-2006, 04:35 AM   #36
bmwdude
Founding Member

For sure Miguel will tell you that it's possible to crash and still finish well in front of anything that says Buell on it.

Miguel's only challenge was dodging all of the clutch parts laying around the track.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #37
Pacer
Founding Member

Minimum weight of bike and rider? Then they could put the ballist where ever they wanted (front/rear for balance). Then it would get like wrestling. Guys not drinking water before races etc.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote