Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #21
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Jerez MotoGP Results

Dani was on a fast track, hardly technical compared to most tracks on the circuit. He ran a good race but can he be consistant? I believe he cannot. Will he have a good rookie season? Yes. I believe is will be easy to be in the top five in points for the season. Is everyone counting Nicky out before the season gets going? Yes. Nicky has NEVER been a development rider. He's admitted it before. He's in a new role and trying to be effective in his new role. They will be working on development of the 800 towards mid season. He'll have his hands full for sure. Tamada (on the b- team) should be the real development rider. Anyway, Don't count Nicky out. He'll be there in the top three all year.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #22
yoavy11
Founding Member

Default Re: Capirossi Completes Jerez ''Triple Crown''

Rossi's foot brake pedal was completely broken off, he didn't have rear wheel brakes the entire race.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #23
bigdx
Founding Member

LOL - is that the new "ZX750 Fire Starter" model?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #24
bigdx
Founding Member

Rossi was a second down in qualifying. He was slow, back brake or no ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member

While Pedrosa said he was tired, (which I suppose all the riders were at that point in the race), the reason he gave for slowing down was the wear on his front tire. He said he knew that Loris was probably just conserving his tires, which allowed Dani to close the gap fairly quickly. When he got too close with 5 laps to go, Capirossi decided it was time clear off.

I'm not sure that Pedrosa's stature won't be an issue for him, but it didn't seem like it was in this race, at least according to him.

A word about Hayden: It looked like it killed him to lose to his team mate. But 16 points in race one is still a nice start. Another interesting thing is that, as I understand it, that Nicky is on a different version of the RC211V than Pedrosa and Melandri, who chose to go with the "standard" version. So I guess as the season goes along, we'll get an indication if he's improved as a development rider.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #26
Tigercub
Founding Member

I think Pedrosa should scare the hell out of Nicky.

For one, Dani was concerned about his front tire and being on the larger bike it's probably gonna take time to get used to the tires going away at the end of the race. That's where Rossi is unbeatable.

Nicky has to be a development rider. How do communicate to your team when something isn't right at each new track. Again, advantage to Rossi and Burgess.

Finally, something I've noticed about his and most Americans riding that flat-track square-off the corner style. I didn't see Pedrosa ride that way and I read where the Europeans consider it a wasted effort. Plus, so far, it hasn't worked in any consistent way for winning MotoGP races??

Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #27
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Point to Rossi for getting back on the bike! Another point for not storming off at the end and closing the garage door.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #28
Brent_Meeker
Founding Member

AMA Superbikes have to be based on a "production" bike - which means they have sell 50 street legal ones. But the rules don't say where. The Harley superbike was licensed and sold in Poland (no Polish jokes about its performance, please).
Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #29
obandoj
Founding Member

You know how many it takes to change a light bulb, don't you? If you don't, ask Miguel Duhamel.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #30
ksquid
Banned

I predict we will see a V-4 Ducati in WSB in less than 5 years...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote