Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 01-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #11
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: Pons pulls out.

Well, that's how it is these days. If you can't get the money, you can't afford to go racing. Which means, I suppose, that racing will have to go where the money is, and that means following the market... so I look forward to the inaugural GP for Cruisers, held somewhere in the MidWest.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 AM   #12
bbtowns
Founding Member

They'll have to straighten out a Nascar track!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:35 AM   #13
sarnali
Founding Member

Funny how no one mentions Laura Bush getting drunk, running a stop sign and killing her best friend. Guess you have to be a drunk kennedy to have it stick. Not that that excuses that level of cowardice, kind of like draft dodgers questioning the patriotism of a combat vet.......

Funny how Clinton getting some mug off a secretary is worse than Bush and Condi's little "relationship", what about that ginch he wanted for the Supreme Court?......

I'd take ol' Monica over any of them myself.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Sito did the right thing. Why would he race a 990 bike this year and have to develop a 800 bike for next. Cost are out of control and the support teams do their best to develop machines with only limited HRC support. Next year Sito will find a young 250 rider and a vet rider and racing will resume. He still has his hands full being Pres of the racing assoc. He's got to work out a new DORNA contract this year from the press that I've read. Hanging back for one season (and waiting for Vale to retire) is the best thing he could do.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dude, if Monica is the best ole Slick Willie can do, I guess the Presidency has fallen on hard times. At least JFK was doing Monroe. With that perspective in mind I guess I would have lied about doing Monica too.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I knew about Laura Bush getting in a fatal accident when she was 17, but from all accounts, she was not drunk nor was she drinking, and the accident was reported immediately to the police. So you actually DO need to be a drunk Kennedy, and one that didn't report any accident until the next day when he had his lawyers already lined up.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

Between Hillery and Monica I know who I'd be looking at.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

I heard she was but I really don't follow that kind of stuff to closely.

Ol' Teddy had to have time to sober up before he reported the accident, that's why he waited. It's too bad out of the three of them, the two that were worth a ***** get killed and the weakest survived.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #19
tomk2
Founding Member

or maybe not... Max looks to have a good World Superbike ride and MotoGP is looking pretty shaky with what, maybe only 12-14 bikes on the starting grid for next year? And who knows how many will decide not to make the huge investment to move to 800 cc the year after.

It wasn't that long ago that World Superbike was THE premier racing class & next season WS looks to be a barn burner.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #20
obandoj
Founding Member

Somebody has the numbers all wrong, Sito Pons has not been running a racing team for 25 years, it was not that long ago that he was racing and not managing, my two cents.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote