Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
giuliom
Registered Member

Default Re: MotoGP Round 9 - Donnington Park

Rossi rules. First post!
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Hopper and Jr of Team Suzuki were also on Bridgestones.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Rossi VS. Hayden in saving it.

I had high hopes for Nicky going on and maybe being on the podium again, so it was really sad for me to see him crash out early in the race.

With that said and correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like Rossi saved his bike in the same corner and in the same trouble where Nicky and several others crashed, then Rossi went on to correct any problems in that corner and never have a problem in it again.

It's really looking like Nicky and the others have their hands full trying to dethrone the great, the mighty, the one and only Valention Rossi!!!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
giuliom
Registered Member

OK, now that I got the first post business out of the way. First of all, I wish they did not race in conditions like that, BUT it is true that Rossi makes mistakes, saves them (the near-high side had him practically out of his seat), then learns; AND, isn't it amazing that in the last several races his best lap times are in the last laps of the race? IT's almost like he studies the track, and when he is ready he goes at a pace that others cannot match. BOth Barros and Junior basically said they did not have the skills or the cojones to stay with Rossi, and you are talking about a combined experience of hundreds of GP races between the two.

I vote to pass a rule that says that Rossi *must* ride a Proton next year, so things are a bit more equal. Right now, he could go on vacation, come back and still win the championship. I have been following world championships since the time of the great Giacomo Agostini (I got to see him in Laguna Seca: what a thrill!), and I have seen many great champions, but I have never seen anyone quite like Rossi.
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #5
yoavy11
Founding Member

"With seven laps to go, Rossi decided heÂ’d had enough fun and simply checked-out, pulling about three seconds on Barros and Roberts in the next lap"

The king of all motorsports!

By the way, this week Yamaha gave their riders the renewed contracts and while Colin signed his copy in a heartbeat, Rossi is still delaying them to make his decision later in the season. (His contract w/ Yamaha was for 2 years and it ends this year). Some rumors are implying he wants to join Ducati next year.

yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 AM   #6
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Wow, that would be awesome if it happened.
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:47 AM   #7
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default It was Rain.

Hayden doesn't have much time in the rain. Rossi remember grew up on 125, 250, and then 500 two strokes where all three classes raced in the rain. Go back and look at Haydens career and see if he raced in the rain in the AMA. I bet not....Dry track Hayden makes into the top 5.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 AM   #8
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Rossi on a Duc would be awesome...

AND it would be super-duper, mind bogglingly awesome if Hopper were to get the vacant Yamaha seat.

LOL, it's way to early for Silly Season.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:50 AM   #9
nokneedragin
Founding Member

That was one of the best races I've seen in a long time (until Rossi did his usual and embarrassed the rest of the field). I also love that they race rain or shine. Can you imagine the on track carnage of a Nascar race run in the wet.

Also, Good on KRJR, definatly one of the best in the wet. Which leads me to ask again, why can't Zook make a competative bike in MotoGP. They tear it up in all the superbike series, but put a turd of a bike out for GP?!?!?!
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 AM   #10
bbtowns
Founding Member

I may be alone in this, but it's nice to see some other bikes up at the top besides Rossi's Yamaha and a bunch of Hondas. Makes things more interesting.

Someone said Rossi is the king of motorsports, I think it would be interesting to have him and Ricky Carmichael race each other in each others venue, but Rossi's insurance company would never allow it. Rossi doing a triple and Carmichael dragging his knee through corners would be cool to see!