Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #61
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: A different view. Hayden and Edwards turned the corner and Rossi can be beat.

I think Rossi raced very cautiously. His unfamiliarity with the track, and the concerns he raised about the track's safety played into his race strategy. I'm not so sure that the corner has been turned or that Valentino will be consistently beatable. Actually I highly doubt it. Hopefully for Nicky and Colin, they have turned the corner, but I don't see them challenging Valentino for the MotoGP title anytime soon.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #62
yoavy11
Founding Member

Default Re: A XB9sx, a CBR 600, a ZZR 600 and a YZF 600.......

The main positive points about the Buell are it's pose value and aesthetics.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #63
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP Picture Show

Not a picture , not a word about the "Czycz" that took 2 laps before the BIG one. The "Britten-like" herculean effort went totally unnoticed. Shame on somebody. DID YOU SEE IT???
1194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #64
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: A different view. Hayden and Edwards turned the corner and Rossi can be beat.

OK maybe my respect and admiration for Nicky and Colin are clouding things. But Rossi has had the advantage of growing up at all those motogp tracks. Time will tell if things have changed I think so. but we will see huh.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:01 AM   #65
edward44
Founding Member

I was wondering about that. As there is nothing on the Czycz website I thought maybe it did'nt happen.

James Parker writing in Motorcyclist pretty much dismantled the bike's inovations as pointless but I don't think he rode it.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:43 AM   #66
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

It was awesome! Great pics Fonz, big surprise. The sounds is why you have to BE there. They all sounded different, they all sounded great. I want a streetbike with the KTM's howl.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #67
ewok1
Founding Member

I saw it, heard it and rode with the owner in the hotel elevator. he and joey, you know the guy from friends were riding in the same elevator with us at the monterey plaza.

it wasa surreal race weekend. i said it on this forum bfore. that bike won't race.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #68
jtmcnet
Founding Member

The other advantage of taking the shuttle instead of scooting around on the dusty back roads of LSR is the survival of your drivechain. I've camped out at past USGP and Monterey Historics events, and my chain always ended up trashed after the trips, no matter how much lube I tried applying at the racetrack, after getting to pavement...

That fine red dust is just murder!

- Jim
jtmcnet is offline   Reply With Quote