Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round4 - LeMans

first post?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
jungkvist
Founding Member

One minute into the race, I told my girlfriend that Nicky Hayden would finish 5th or 6th (sometimes being right sucks). I was hoping Edwards could hold on to 2nd, but I knew it was a pipe dream - figuring that Gibernau wanted a crack at Rossi, in the worst way.

I might be reaching, but during the Q&A it seemed like Rossi looked relieved, and Gibernau's restraint was the reason why. Seti had the motive, mean and oppertunity, but he didn't pull the trigger. In my book, he's The Man!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Edwards had a good run going today. Looks like he couldn't step it up once Rossi passed him.

Once again Rossi proved why he's got the number 1 plate.

I almost hope he gets a bad start in the next race so we can watch him work through some riders to get to the front.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
jungkvist
Founding Member

I'll give ya that, about Rossi moving up through the field. The guy's entertaining as Hell, when he has positions to make-up. I'd like to see the FIM start making-up reasons to send him to the back, just so we could watch him charge to the front..."MR Rossi, you have funny looking hain - go to the back of the grid."
Old 05-16-2005, 03:33 AM   #5
christian_gates
Founding Member

This says it all right here:

Rossi re-breaks the lap record on the final lap

On shredded tires at the end of the race - even being down 10 - 15 pounds on fuel - that's pretty impressive.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:30 AM   #6
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default BINGO!

Was that wild, or what? I was sort of disappointed with the lack of fireworks on the last lap, then they make the announcement about the track record. How does someone do that? Hell, I have a hard time making it to the refrigerator after the kitchen floor's been waxed. It had to be like riding a unicycle on ice!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:08 AM   #7
tumbler
Founding Member

It is kind of nice seeing Rossi getting pushed to step it up a little bit. I don't think, however, that Sete is as much of a threat to Rossi as some would hope.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:32 AM   #8
giuliom
Registered Member

I don't understand what Nicky Hayden's problem is. I mean, he is on a Honda like Gibernau, Melandri and Biaggi, but he slides from second to sixth, losing seconds by the handful to the top riders. After the start, I thought he would hang on and perhaps get a podium finish, but if this is the best he can do on a factory Honda, maybe Honda should give that bike to someone else. Does anybody have any clue as to his disapponting performance?
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
Andrew_Mai
Registered Member

In the post-race interview, Nicky said that his bike developed chatter and that's something they need to work on. Obviously there are a lot of variables, but the great riders seem to be better at hitting the set-up at race time than the also-rans. I wonder if we'll see Nicky on the podium this year...
Andrew_Mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:29 AM   #10
christian_gates
Founding Member

Agree. Gibernau's on a better bike, and is a gifted rider - but unless Rossi makes mistakes or somehow is forced to drive the equivalent of a Toleman F1 car from the 1980s (Kawasaki, maybe?), he's more likely to "lose" than be beat.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote