Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #31
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round4 - LeMans

anybody see 60 minutes, that guy Frankfurt who wrote the new book on bull*****? Give me a colin edwards or a val rossi any day over the bland leading the bland and praising their tires. Guys like edwards and people not afraid to speak their minds (or offend engineers or whoever) are why yamaha is doing so well. Probly no coincidence that Burgess, and Mladin and his crew in ama, are all Aussies -- people who as a nation tend to be pretty plainspoken. get the job done.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #32
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Nah, I'm gettin myself a new Aerostich w/ a built-in Sneaky Leaker!

You pathetic Harley riding poseur!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:58 AM   #33
johnnyb
Founding Member

fine, i'll reply to myself. aside from rossi kicking ass on the RC211V two years ago, nobody else has done that well on it. Biaggi was the one who said oooo the Honda is so much better... now he's #1 factory guy on RC211V and sucking ass. Did Edwards get on the podium on his Honda last year? i don't remember but i doubt it. He sure as hell didn't lead any GPs for 20-some laps on it. Y does everybody keep repeating ooooo the Honda is the best bike? all that marketing pays off i guess. All the evidence says it aint so. Eat me. Go Valentino. Go Colin.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:12 AM   #34
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: guns

Yep - Edwards is the quitessential stand up guy. And I think Hayden will be just fine as time goes on.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:16 AM   #35
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

John, bro, snap out of it. Go watch some Barbara Striesand movies. Sing "people who need people are the luckiest people" a few times. Embrace the light.

-sbp

Old 05-17-2005, 06:41 AM   #36
johnnyb
Founding Member

u c Yentl? man she was great in that. People, people who eat peeeeeeeeople.... when is next MO epic?
Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 AM   #37
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Fonzie does Vegas next week and takes in Freddie Spencer school while he's there. I think adventure tourers are on deck too.

Did you notice that KPaul is back. Man that boy has a bunch of MO lives.

-sbp
Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 AM   #38
johnnyb
Founding Member

thank god, a little excitement. where is KP? hey i seen in the paper G bush wants to start pushing bio-diesel. KP is a man ahead of his time a seer a visionary. That, or he and bush are both idiots. ?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #39
ValkBandit
Registered Member

hey, don't be too tough on G.W.!

rumor has it he has been working hard to become more edu-muh-cated, reading the washington post daily. but he can never get past the front section cuz his lips get tired ....
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:14 AM   #40
giuliom
Registered Member

You might have a point there, although I must say that last year it was obvious that the Honda was faster in the straights. I think, though, that the important thing has become how manageable is the power (otherwise Ducati 2 yrs. ago would have won the championship), how well can the bike handle the power, etc. Still, I think in the regular world Sete would have beaten Vale on Sunday. Valentino had to pull a best lap on the last lap to win and won the race on the amazing
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote