Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #21
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round4 - LeMans

I could be wrong but pushing a Gawd-awful expensive motorcycle, at speed approaching 200mph - while know full well that the bike is malfunctioning - might not be HondaÂ’s idea of intelligent racing. Several weeks ago - if I remember correctly - Nicky was pushing a little bit too hard for a podium, when he lost his front-end and ended up with a DNF...and, consequently no points. Honda might not be able to beat Rossi on a race to basis, but they can beat Honda for the manufacturerÂ’s championship and thatÂ’s probably what HRC is aiming at. Honda doesnÂ’t like riders who are hot heads, overly out-spoken, or perceived as being cowboys. Edwards and Biaggi locked antlers with HRC, and both of them got clobbered for their trouble.

While were all wrapped-up in thinking, wouldn’t it be nice to see one of our American young’uns win, I’m sure that Honda is looking at the big picture. Nicky Hayden not only races for Honda; he also represents what the company wants to present itself as, to the public. Personally, I could give a sh!t if Colin Edwards says f**k, motherf**ker or eat sh!t & die, but Honda sure does. Remember, not even Harley’s advertisements have ever said anything like "F**k, Yeah! I Love My Hog" – and their image is much less conservative than Honda's.

Also, keep in mind that the rest of the MotoGP riders arenÂ’t exactly slugs. Honda or not, Nicky finished in front of some big-name riders. One minute into the race, I figured Nicky for 5th or 6th place - Rossi, Gibernau and Edwards were a given, Biaggi was pretty-much a sure thing, and it was a coin-toss between Hayden and Capirossi.

I wanted to see him do better, too. But, considering the compitition, he did pretty good.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #22
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Man or Superman - or just plain BS

Come on JB! Rossi's a slug and everyone knows it. Hell, read the posts - according to them, you'd think that half the guys around here could whip Nicky Hayden's a$$.

Sorta makes you wonder how long MO's readership will survive, if they ever start using kryptonite in motorcycles.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #23
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: guns

It is nice that he can admit his limits. I don't really have a beef with him. I just epect more from him than I do Hayden at this time.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:05 PM   #24
ValkBandit
Registered Member

colin edwards sure looked good at the beginning. i figure by next season, after he's settled into moto gp, he'll be a bona fide threat. if he isn't over the hill!
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #25
rpt
Registered Member

it seems that is getting harder to Rossi to keep up, but he stills can take it...

With the honda it all seemed somehow easy. With the M1 it just seems harder. But he keeps pushing it.
rpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #26
rpt
Registered Member

Remember Schumacher ?

When we came to Ferrari he did precisely the same thing.

Rossi's got HRC's methods in Yamaha. He already knew how a MotoGP shoud be. He had one.

Now he's making another. Costumised. Edwards goes along for the ride and hope to leanr something.

Meanwhile at HRC, sete, Hyden and he bunch are fed up with :

"Rossi did this, Rossi did that. This is the bike he left us with. Ride it.

Tell us what to change and we'll do it. But don't guess around 'cause this s***t is expensive, will ya."

my 2cts
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #27
rpt
Registered Member

he is not.

he's just riding "the other guy's" bike....
Old 05-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #28
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default AMEN!

Edwards might never be considered anyone's idea of a spokes-person (for anything other than the longshoremen's union) but he sure gives it to you straight and honest. It’s not like he signed up for the Martian Death Derby, and he doesn’t go to Valhalla if he dies – in the end, it’s just a job. And being able to admit, essentially, that it wasn’t worth it, speaks volumes about the man’s integrity.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #29
edward44
Founding Member

If you check the stats at MotoGP,com Nicky turned a 1'34.355 on lap 6. Edwards best was a 1'34.366 on lap 16. Only VR, Sete and Melandri have been able to get below 1'33 in the race and in todays testing.

According to Burgess the problem for HRC is too many cooks(engineers) coming up with too much new stuff. Nicky can do the times but perhaps he can't handle the engineering aspects. Look for Melandri to be the next superstar.

Watched the race for the first time on dorna's feed. A bit blury full screen but to watch the race without interruption was a revelation.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #30
christian_gates
Founding Member

That, sir, was exactly my implication.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote