Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-16-2005, 06:55 AM   #11
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round4 - LeMans

or gee whiz maybe VR was right and the honda isn't the main reason for the championships he won on it? Yamaha looked like working pretty good to me... and Biaggi is supposed to be #1 factory Honda man, he's doing worse than hayden usually.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #12
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Senna did fairly well in the Toleman Hart.... I suspect that Rossi would too.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 AM   #13
giuliom
Registered Member

Yes, one of the things that Jeremy Burgess was saying about Rossi in one of the Faster DVDs is how good he is at telling mechanics what needs to be done. He can analyze the problem, focus on solutions, etc. The Yamaha is obviously a much more competitive bike than last year as a result. I also think that a good rider can ride through chatter. Well, at least Nicky has learned something from Biaggi: blame something else for your problems...
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 AM   #14
jungkvist
Founding Member

I get the feeling that if it has wheels under it and there's a checkerd flag involved, Rossi will probably win.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #15
tumbler
Founding Member

Maybe all of his back up bikes will be non-functional and he'll have to ride his pit bike.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #16
tumbler
Founding Member

Geez, Nicky can't get a break. If he hangs with the leaders and crashes he takes crap and if he has a problem and backs off a little to get some points he takes crap.

I think Edwards deserves more of it. He was actually leading and totally blew it, all on his own. Plus, he has more experience on these tracks and at this level.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #17
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Jeeze, lighten up on Nicky. If you want to say he's not as good as Rossi, okay. If you want to say that he's not living up to his position as Honda's factory rider, okay. But before you cast him as a blame-laying Biaggi, consider his actual words...

"Just really, really disappointed," said Hayden. "I got a good start and it all felt great but about 10 laps from the end it started to feel like last week in the rain. I got a lot of chatter as the race went on. We donÂ’t really know why. We need to find out! ItÂ’s a pretty lame excuse but the bottom line is I just went backwards.

"ItÂ’s been a hard weekend but I felt we were in with a chance after all the great work the team put in. It felt good to be running up front but I want to do that throughout every race. IÂ’m not looking forward to a three-week break now. I just want Mugello to come next weekend!"
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

As somone new to watching this sport, it seems like MotoGP has the wrong model for starting positon. i.e. instead it should be whoever wins the race last week should start last. Second starts second to last etc. Because you get the feeling if Rossi started last he would still win. I am rooting for Sete though because he seems like a nice guy and is the only one that hang with Rossi for any length of time...

Fun stuff.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Hey Sean I'm in Daytona Beach for a few days. Can I bring you bag a doo-rag or some arm chaps or something?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #20
yossef
Founding Member

Default guns

Edwards is cool and above all honest. in the post race interview he side that he could hang on with them till they were running 1:34.5's. when rossi and Sete went down to low 1:34's he felt that having a loaded gun pointed at him would have been safer that trying to stick with them. love the guy.
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote