Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round 3 - Shangai China

Quite a ride by Jacque. He's gotta lose that white rainsuit, though. Yeech.

And for a few laps KR Jr. looked like he was still riding in MotoGP. Unfortunately, his bike couldn't take the shock.

Sete...ugh. Enough said.

And where, oh where, was Nicky? He claimed electrical problems. Wouldn't surprise me with all the rain, but jeez, how dissapointing so far.

On a related note, did anybody catch Biaggi's p*ssing and moaning after qualifying? What a quiff.

Um, yeah, first post...ahem. Should I be excited?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
Pgbexr
Registered Member

Indeed! The greatest victory today is your first post.
Pgbexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Gibernau had to be pissed... Imagine settling for 3rd to get podium, then bamb!- two laps left and your bike starts to crap out!

Hayden isn't doin so hot. At this rate, next season he'll be one of those back-of-the-packer's the commentators only mention when he is getting lapped.

Rossi looked a lot more confident in the rain this week compared to his performance last week (although he still did pretty darn good last week too).

It was interesting to see how much the Kawi (Jacque) gave up to the Honda (Biaggi) on the straights. What is the HP handicap there? 20-30 hp? And yet he still pulled away from Biaggi hard! Good show.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #4
edward44
Founding Member

Milandri looks to be the real comer in the field. He is very consistent and you don't hear a lot of excuses re can't find good setup. Los Americanos just aren't getting it done and won't I will be willing to bet. I am really glad it was not a Rossi/Geberniau/Biaggi finish. And how did Edwards blow his engine 8 laps from the finish and still end up 8th?
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #5
jungkvist
Founding Member

Seeing that he's one of the all-time-great wet track racers, Kenny Roberts had to be spitting nails after this one. And with Kawasaki coming in second to Rossi, someone in the Honda garage probably had to commit sepaku. BTW, what the hell's a Moriwaki?
Old 05-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #6
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Be Excited! Be Excited!

Congratulations!

As a new memeber of the FPC, you will be receiving a rubber chicken and a case of Tab. Also, to assure that this is one of the most forgetable events in you life, you will also be getting a lifetime supply of Ramen possim-flavored noodles (valued at ablsolutely nothing).

Enjoy
Old 05-02-2005, 03:01 AM   #7
pplassm
Founding Member

I was great to see two Americans up front for a lap or two.

This race points out a couple of things that are wrong with AMA racing. See the hairball straights on that course? Can't have those on an AMA superbike racetrack. Gotta keep those speeds down.

And racing in the rain? When was the last time you saw that in the US?

Old 05-02-2005, 03:24 AM   #8
Hector1
Founding Member

I watched the race and was pretty excited to see Kenny lead the first couple of laps. I kinda doubt he could 've help up with Rossi bearing down on him, but a podium finish was definitely possible until his bike crapped out. So typical of a Suzuki Moto GP effort.

It's obvious that Hayden is not ever going to be a winner at this level. I predict that next year he'll be demoted and Melandri will take his slot. In a few years he'll be back in the AMA.

Olivier Jacque was quite impressive. It's funny how a guy with a supposed horsepower deficit was able to easily pull away from many more powerful bikes. I really think if he wouldn't have diced with Sete for those few laps, he would 've easily caught and probably passed Rossi.

I still think Sete can win races, but looks like Rossi is still "The Doctor".
Hector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:29 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Heh heh. Honda in 3rd place. I guess money can't buy everything.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:03 AM   #10
xseal
Registered Member

Club racers race all the time in the rain ... did it at Summit Point, WV myself this weekend, along with a bunch of other enthusiasts.
xseal is offline   Reply With Quote