Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 05-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #21
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round 3 - Shangai China

I know towards the beginning of the race, they were running about 18 or 19 seconds off of the dry times.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

That was a wasted race. Once I saw Kenny Roberts pull out in front I knew he would gap everyone including Rossi as long as the bike held up, which it didn't. He is amazing in the wet.

Nicky can't ride in the rain, so I didn't expect anything from him and wasn't dissapointed.

Olivier Jacques was a big surprise and will be worth watching the rest of the season - at least when it rains.

Rossi is truely amazing, but GP races with him in them are starting to get boring. Although I can't wait to see how he does at Laguna Seca.

I'd love to see Bostrum ride against Rossi on a GP bike at Laguna Seca! I'd love to have a seat in the Turn 4 stand, but that isn't going to happen either.

Go Nicky!!!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #23
johnnyb
Founding Member

thim rain tars are Excellent. nothing like riding your streetbike in the wet. I rode on some once at laguna seca on RS125 honda in a deluge. scary beforehand, a blast once we got going. A' course the RS125 didn't have 200 horsepower, but close... I imagine those MotoGP guys can plug in their rain black box, which makes those bikes real *****cats, i bet. Actually you see more lurid, tail-out scary stuff from those guys when it's dry.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
waepoint
Founding Member

Kevin Schwantz had a great quote in Faster. Something to the effect of "I used to love racing in the rain because I thought it made everybody's bike the same, which means it comes down to the rider."

While I wouldn't want to a watch an entire season of it, I think wet races are part of what makes the pros true two-wheeled heroes. Anybody who has the huevos to ride a 240 hp rocket ship in that Shangai Monsoon has my absolute admiration.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #25
waepoint
Founding Member

... and BBoz would be on something slightly more developed than a stock 1000RR.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #26
Pinkslip
Founding Member

The rain could be exactly why the Kawi's lack of horse power (relatively speaking, of course) didn't affect Jacque's game too much. Maybe trying to utilize 200+ hp down a soaking wet straight isn't that easy.

This was a brand new track for these guys, wasn't it? I heard Shanghai was brand spankin new, but I am not sure, because I have been a college student without cable for the past couple of seasons. (Even now, I am gettin my GP fix by mooching off of friends' Speed Channels).

Man I wish I could ride down to Monterey for Laguna this summer!
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #27
Grover
Founding Member

The Moriwaki is just an RC211V engine in a custom made chassis.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #28
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Weather Forecast for Laguna Seca MotoGP weekend

The inner coastal region will start out cool with some low fog in the morning, burning off as temperatures climb towards 90 F under bright sunshine by early afternoon. Expect a cooling sea breeze by late afternoon and overnight lows again down into the 60s. Afternoon humidity will be around 50% and there is zero chance of precipitation.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:20 PM   #29
sarnali
Founding Member

Beaten by a Kawasaki no less......

Good thing Triumph isn't running MotoGP. Honda would be getting spanked like a red head step child
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:21 PM   #30
SmokeU
Registered Member

Default Re: Be Excited! Be Excited!

Possum ramen are my FAVORITE!! I'll take them.