Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MotoGP (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/)
-   -   MotoGP - Round 3 - Shangai China (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motogp/2772-motogp-round-3-shangai-china.html)

schizuki 05-02-2005 07:11 AM

Re: MotoGP - Round 3 - Shangai China

"It's obvious that Hayden is not ever going to be a winner at this level. I predict that next year he'll be demoted and Melandri will take his slot. In a few years he'll be back in the AMA."

In an ideal world, both he and Matt Mladin would go to WSB next year.

Nplateau 05-02-2005 07:20 AM

Moriwaki

As far as I know, the Moriwaki is based off of the Honda RC211V, but with some different body work and components. I think the guys at Moriwaki believed they could take Honda's world beater and make it better.

Nplateau 05-02-2005 07:23 AM

Does anyone know what the difference in speed is riding in the rain versus dry weather? These guys still looked to be going scary fast in the downpour. Hats off to them for that. I hate riding in the rain. Too damn scary for me. Heck I felt tension just watching these guys do so.

Steven_Verschoor 05-02-2005 07:52 AM

I briefly held out hope for Hopkins and Robers. The way Hopper stormed inside to take the lead had me out of my seat.

It was amazing the way everyone was dragging knees in the rain. Rossi and Robers where exciting up front, but the guys who really impressed me were "OJ" and VDGoorbergh.

In hind site, I think it would've been awesome of Roberts and Rossi had slowed each other down by dicing and "OJ" had caught them!

Abe_Froman 05-02-2005 08:22 AM

Quite frankly that is the one thing I don't fault the AMA for doing. Rain sucks. I don't like riding in the rain, racing in the rain, or watching it on TV. A wet race means it is ruined and doesn't count as far as I am concerned. They should postpone the race for as many days as is required to get one that is sunny and warm and run it then.

Pinkslip 05-02-2005 09:43 AM

If I heard correctly, the lap record established in qualifying was 1:59 and change (on dry ground), and during the wet race, they were still pulling 2:16's. If that is accurate, it is freakin NUTS that they only give up 17 seconds +/- to a soaking wet track!

The first race was still more exciting. But hey, we've got a bunch of races to come.

SeanAlexander 05-02-2005 10:13 AM

No way. Racing in the rain is awesome and tends to seperate those with true riding skill from those who run near the front because they are merely decent riders with a ton of ca$h for tuning and exotic parts. The rain doesn't care what you are riding, as long as you have the skill. -Sean

SeanAlexander 05-02-2005 10:15 AM

The speed difference is entirely dependent on surface condition and the depth of the standing water. Rain times can be as close as +8 seconds a lap from a good dry time, to as far off as +45 seconds, depending on the above factors. -Sean

edward44 05-02-2005 10:38 AM

Checa's fasted speed was 342 kph in QP while in the race it was 313 kph. Rossi's best was 330 kph in QP and he hit 320 kph on his 20th lap in the race. No doubt because he was aware he was being overhauled. Check MotoGP site for analysis .

Tigercub 05-02-2005 10:54 AM

Don't judge Hayden based on the China race. He is notoriously bad in the rain. When I first turned it on and saw that it was pouring there I knew we'd see Roberts up front and Nicky somewhere in the rear.

Rossi never surprises me.