Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #1
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Re: *SPOILER* MotoGP - Round 1 - Jerez

Wow! That was an exciting finish. Can't wait for the next round.

GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

As much as I wanted Rossi to win, I think he's wrong on this one. He didn't have the line and shouldn't have forced his way through like that.

Best thing about watching MotoGP (other than the race itself)-- no Brian Drebber.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
clively
Founding Member

Thanks for the play by play narrative. Which channel can you get these races on?
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

In the US, we get tape-delayed same-day coverage on SPEED Channel. I believe it is live on Eurosport and just about every other news/sports channel in the UK and Europe.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #5
Nplateau
Founding Member

Speed Channel. There's a replay Tuesday at 10 a.m.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #6
edward44
Founding Member

Too bad we don't get a real broadcast just a Speed Channel chop job as according to Crash.net Rossi

was jeered on the podium- natch from the Spanish crowd. Wonder they didn't lynch him.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
emxgarcia
Founding Member

The way I saw it was this.

Rossi takes the corner thru the inside,

Gibernau comes from the outside and bangs into Rossi (I saw the TiVo replay 5 times),

then Rossi simply stops turning and makes sure (as they are side by side) that Gibernau is pushed out.

Fair play

Old 04-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
jmeyn
Founding Member

Sign onto the Dorna official MotoGP site at http://ww.motogp.com. You can buy a season's worth of access for about $45. Not bad if you expect to watch all practice, qualifying and race sessions for125 cc, 250cc and MotoGP!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Gabe
Founding Member

Default Yeah!

That was a hell of a race...I knew Rossi was just playing his cards and waiting for everyone else to wear out before he made his move. But when he ran wide on the LAST LAP and was repassed by Sete, I couldn't believe it! He almost never makes mistakes! But when he fought for that corner and shoved Sete out of the way, I got so excited that I started shrieking and then accidentally bit my friend's leg.

I was also a little surprised to not hear any apologetic language from Rossi after the race...there would have been a fistfight if that had happened at a club race! But Sete seemed cool with it, and he kept his second place, so all is well.

That was indeed a hell of a race! But just the last lap, if you were watching on TV and just seeing the front runners.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
marcgio
Founding Member

Hurry up July 10th !!

Poor Sete. Takes the lead and sets the pace. Rides an outstanding race, but then decides to slow down a bit to check the World Champions pace? Hello, he is the World Champion. He is right on your rear wheel. Then after retaking the lead leaves the welcome mat out on the last corner. Rossi's maneuver to the inside was not wild or aggressive. I've been watching Rossi ride for 9 years. It is obvious he is the best. Sete should know better than to keep on giving him chances. 1 down 16 to go!
marcgio is offline   Reply With Quote