Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #41
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: Whoops!

I don't care what anyone says, every one of those guys is a genetic freak...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Seeing anyone able to ride a 200+hp bike to edge makes you wonder...why, in the name of natural selection, does anybody need Spiderman reflexes and a seismic-sensitive a$$hole? I mean, it's one thing to be able to rub your head a pat you stomach, but when you add twitching your ears and rolling your tongue, while dancing in a snake pit, that's just too much.

I want a re-do on my DNA!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #42
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP - Round One - Jerez

I just started watching motorcycle races last year so it is all new and fun stuff to me. After reading what Sean wrote about the responsibility of the overtaking rider, count me in the camp that thinks Sete got screwed. I have a feeling Sete will have something for Rossi in the next race. Great stuff beats NASCAR. These MotoGP riders are great athletes. Go Nicky!
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #43
Ken_Eusaukmeov
Founding Member

What Gibernau should have done since he was in the right, was to not slow down and just smack into Rossi. Why should he slow down, but rossi not? Anyway, the collision would probably make them both go down. This is to gibernau's advantage since these 2 are the only contenders for the title, and 2 DNPs are better than giving up a first place finish for a second place finish to the only title contender. Also, it's a good way to get into Rossi's head. He'll think twice about taking a risky pass again in later races. And that's the only shot the yamaha has in beating the honda- in outbraking truns. Thus, Gibernau totally ****ed this race up tactically - what a dumb*****. I hope he sees his mistake and makes the correct decision in a later race. i know the same thing will happen again.
Ken_Eusaukmeov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #44
johnnyb
Founding Member

Ha, i love it: "what Gibernau SHOULDA done, see..."

whatever, i am winning superbikeplanet.com poll, so...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #45
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: *SPOILER* MotoGP - Round 1 - Jerez

True, true. But Rossi's banzai moves are usually pretty well in control. I think he was a bit out of control here.

That's why I hope it happens again. It was fun.

Now, didn't anybody pick up on Sete moaning about his shoulder? I mean, he was making a big show of it at the press conference, and then he goes and awkwardly throws in that he hopes his shoulder is okay for next week. No one even asked about his shoulder. How passive-aggressive.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #46
jungkvist
Founding Member

Me, Jimmy Joe, Bobbie Lee, Billy Bob, Cleatus and Pooter, we figure them Uropeeins r trying ta horn in on NASCAR being so poplar, or some-such thing. Bunch'a commie cracker-heads, if ya ask me. Bet not one of them boys ever drinks JD or RC Cola. Sides, all that turnin right gets me confused.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #47
12er
Founding Member

It just means that "Its On" this season. Motocross block passes will become all the rage. I cant wait for Rossi's second attempt. If anyone can throw a gp bike on its side, drag a foot and smoke it thru the turn it will be him.

Yeah Rossi did a punk move, but Sete watched him do it and still held his line.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #48
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Naughty, Naughty

Expect reprisals from Dorna! That's pay-for-view, longride!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #49
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

Have you heard of TT Superbikes--Real Road Racing? It has been released in Europe, but I doubt it's coming stateside. It looks like it could be my dream game, the motorcycle version of Gran Turismo. I'm gonna have to import it.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #50
waepoint
Founding Member

Agreed, that is a damn fine race summary. Hey Sean, how about adding full-blown WSC summaries so I don't have to feel bad about missing the races during SPEED's hyper-convenient Tuesday afternoon time slot?
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote