Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #11
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: *SPOILER* MotoGP - Round 1 - Jerez

I'm pretty sure Sete was riding as fast as he thaought he could. Rossi is amazing on shredded tires. He made a mistake that let Rossi get inside, just like Rossi did when Sete passed him.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #12
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

Perhaps Colin Edwards would have performed better had he not abandoned Yamaha mid-race and jumped on a Honda.
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

What a race! Valentino showed just how iron willed and aggressive he can really be. Red mist indeed!!!!!! As badly as I wanted Nicky to do well I really enjoy watching VR work over the competition. If only ducati had enough $ to attract him Oh well.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #14
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

I'm afraid your perception of what happened is innaccurate. It is ALWAYS the responsibility of the overtaking racer to avoid contact.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #15
Krza
Founding Member

I think if you ride wide in the last corner and someone sneaks beside you on the inside, that is your mistake and Sete should have known better - that's why he is number 2
Old 04-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #16
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Sete and Nicky: opportunities missed

Sete's biggest mistake may have been not forcing Rossi into passing him earlier in the race. How many times has Rossi stalked him and then run away on the last lap? Why not force Rossi to run at the front for 4-5 laps and then try your own late passing move? Easier said than done, of course, but those that fail to learn from history ...

I do take my hat off to Sete for playing tough all the way to the end; the man can flat out ride. But regardless of whether Rossi's pass was right or wrong, Sete's press conference response was pathetic! Rossi was all-champion with his confident "that's racing" attitude, while Sete looked like he was about to cry. He didn't have to get up in Rossi's grillwork, but what about something remotely assertive? Show a little fortitude, dammit, or else Rossi's already won the mental battle before a tire rolls in Estoril.

Nicky: crashing like it's 2004. If he'd stayed on two wheels, who knows how he could have capitalized on the big bang at the front? Between his DNF and Biaggi's diaper-filling performance, somebody at HRC is forcing a subordinate to rip their hair out.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #17
pdad13
Founding Member

You're wrong. Aside from what Sean just stated, Sete was already pointed towards the apex when Rossi tried to stuff it inside. That's why Sete banged into him. If you try to sqeeze yourself in that spot and you don't make it cleanly, you're in the wrong.

I like Rossi, but he's in the wrong here.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #18
killer5280
Registered Member

I couldn't agree with you more, Sean. Gibernau had the line, was under control and his wheel was ahead of Rossi's when contact occurred. Rossi was too hot and used Sete for a berm.

Sete got screwed and Rossi got the win. Hopefully, racing justic will catch up with Valentino.
killer5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #19
bugz
Founding Member

Default Nicky - you gotta wise up!

He had 16 points (maybe even 20!) in the bag. He needs to ride smarter than this. He was still pushing for the win when he crashed. Did the same thing last year too.

He needs to race smart like Mladin.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:06 AM   #20
christian_gates
Founding Member

Rossi is clearly the spiritual air to Senna in motorsport, apparently both the good and the bad, although perhaps without the introspective baggage that Ayrton seemed to carry with him.

Whether wrong or right, he remains the Doctor.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote