Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 09-21-2004, 05:44 AM   #52
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah, it's unbelievable.

Don, it's all relative. Of course no one wants to go out and break some ribs, or a leg for that matter. But broken bones are not considered serious injuries, unless there are complicating factors, in an emergency room (as Sean noted). A serious injury implies some significant risk of permanent disability or death. Lots of us have had broken bones. While it sucks, it's usually not considered serious. Now, remember that we're talking about motorcycle racing at its highest level and the standard really changes.

That being said, I have no idea how Hopkins is going to ride with broken ribs. That's going to smart. Bring on the cortisone, Dr. Costa.

Sorry to hear about your leg. Was MO having another bike test during your track day?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:34 AM   #53
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Possible KP sighting

Sarnali,

Would it be possible to have you loan me that motorcycle for a quick KP race? -Sean
Old 09-21-2004, 06:42 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

He probebly got waxed but some nut on a ZX-6 at Freddie Spencer's racing school.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:42 AM   #55
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Possible KP sighting

Sure, do you want my Austin Powers Union Jack arm chaps or will you use your own?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:44 AM   #56
r1der
Founding Member

Nope, VIR turn 15. A sushi chef on a Mille R lost it under braking. If I could have got up; I would have beat the tar out of him.

Anyway, I lived to fight another day.

Don
r1der is offline   Reply With Quote