Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-19-2004, 08:11 AM   #21
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: German GP Results

Maybe, or put some factory effort into it. They made a motor with great potential using a 41.3mm stroke, but then stopped development. The motor should easily spin up to 15,000rpm (4,000 fpm piston speed). The Jap bikes are going beyond that piston speed and maybe they are willing to risk a little reliability, which Triumph cannot afford to do. don't know. But, in the couple World Supersport races they entered the Daytona was finishing behind all the factory bikes, but in the top 15 or so. That was Valmoto. I'm sure it's expensive for a little company like Triumph to support their bike in SS. And I doubt anyone kid thinks of buying a Daytona 600 instead of the other 4 Jap 600's, so they don't have the sell-on-Monday incentive. It may not be worth the effort, but I hope they don't quit.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #23
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi is damn good

I don't see b!tching in that statement.

He is just being honest that he had not found a proper setup to make him comfortable.

I'm not appologizing for his statements of the past, but he has not struck me as the whiner that he used to be this season. I just think that some of his old statements are still haunting him, he apears to have matured some this season.

Not to mention that Assen is a norturious track to get the setup right.

This season, the only thing I heard from him, that cheesed me a bit, is that he think that Yamaha is finally listening to their riders, which they did not do when he was there.

He is a ddammfine rider when he is on.

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

Yet he runs great in qualifying.

Does the bike lose power when other bikes are around? I don't get it.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:01 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: So that's why you and ...

DNFTT.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: So that's why you and ...

steals his moms
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #27
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

That is kind of strange, isn't it?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #29
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi is damn good

Your comparison to Rossi is valid, but then Rossi is just about the only guy who can ride around machine limitations. Plus Rossi may be self-aware enough to know that his reputation is now defined by his ability to overcome weaknesses, not complain about them. But compare Biaggi's quote to the innumerable others all season from KR Jr (horsepower, grip), Colin (front end chatter), Bayliss (alien bike), and everyone on down the standings and I don't see how you could possibly single Max out as a whiner. About the only difference is that Biaggi doesn't go out of his way to stroke those that beat him, so he's never going to win the paddock popularity contest. Big deal.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote