Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: German GP Results

Let's face it, Honda has the best bike by far. If Rossi wins, I would put him in a class by himself. Most people would kill to get on the best bike. Rossi purposely picked an inferior bike to give himself a challenge. The Triumph test rides will be on the 27th of this month. I'm gonna ride the Max there for a back to back comparason and let you know the results. Can't wait to try out that monster. Looks pretty wild. I think Triumph may have a big winner here. Now, if I can just convince them to stop screwing around with 600 supersports!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: So that's why you and ...

He vacilates between ass-kissing and annoying depending on the time o' the month.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: So that's why you and ...

Ain't that the truth. Do you think he uses his wife's tampons or does he buy his own?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:21 AM   #14
waepoint
Founding Member

Default As the Wheels Turn

What a season! Every race is like a soap opera. Biaggi, back from the dead. Gibernau, cracking under pressure. Rossi, challenging Honda at every opportunity. Yamaha, rising and falling together (literally, at Sachsenring). Nicky, proving he belongs with the big boys. Superbike riders, failing to make the grade in GP. Bridgestone, poking that big fat f**k Michelin man like the Pilsbury Dough Boy. KR Jr teasing us with moments of championship form. Hopkins, getting beat up like Gerry Cooney. Tamada breaking his cherry. Nakano not breaking anything at 200 mph. Xaus finishing higher and crashing less than the factory Ducatis. WCM ... um, showing up.

For my money, I'd like nothing more than to see the final race come down to Biaggi vs. Rossi for the championship. That showdown in Valencia could eclipse Bayliss / Edwards as the finish of the decade, given the friction between both the riders and the manufacturers.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #15
Tigercub
Founding Member

That was the most exciting race of the year. Nicky really deserved his podium for hanging in there with Biaggi and Barros.

I suppose Rossi was losing tire grip in the last few laps and just couldn't keep pace.

What's up with Kenny Roberts? He very steadily went from 3rd to 8th place and only got that high because so many crashed out in front of him. He does great in qualifying, has great lines through the corners as near as I can tell. He seemed to be slower on the straight, but maybe he just couldn't carry the speed into the corner. Is he unable to race with other bikes around him? What gives?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #16
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Biaggi is damn good

I don't really get the Biaggi bashing. No doubt, he's been a massive d1ck in the past, but this season he has been calmer and more mature through both ups and downs. He hasn't complained any more than any other rider about parts, machinery, etc. and he's definitely making the most of his opportunity as of now. He's awesome to watch when he's in the zone of nearly untouchable smoothness (like at Welkom and yesterday), and unlike previous years hasn't folded under the pressure of his recent poor showings. For sheer drama and entertainment, there's nobody I'd rather see dice it up with Rossi. I'm no Biaggi fan, but I wouldn't cry if a guy of his skill and determination won the championship, either.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #17
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

According to his comments his bike is way down on horsepower.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:43 AM   #18
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: As the Wheels Turn

I'd rather see it come down to Rossi and Gibernau- either of them would make better champions than Biaggi.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #19
Grover
Founding Member

Default Re: As the Wheels Turn

Screw all that, the way things are going, it's not beyond the realm of possibility to have a 3-way battle for it all between Gibernau, Rossi AND Biaggi come valencia. How incredible would that be?
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #20
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Biaggi is damn good

He most certainly HAS complained more than any other rider. I've never heard Rossi complain once this season of the performance of his Yamaha, or whatever tires he is running, even when it is obviously lacking, as in this weekend.

Assen Qualifying:

For Max Biaggi (Camel Honda RC211V) it was another difficult build-up to a race. He managed a fourth row start in 12th. "Not good," said the Roman. "We still have problems that are hard to fix. Even though everyone is working to the maximum we tried different set-ups but neither gave me the entry I need to the turns or the mid-corner speed I like. But we're not giving up."

(Tamada qualified eighth on the same team's machines, with no complaints)