Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #31
rydalch
Registered Member

Default Re: Rucker Performance Unveils Custom Motorcycle

These custom choppers remind me of chocolate covered fecal matter.
rydalch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2004, 09:38 PM   #32
Nplateau
Founding Member

BMW4VWW, very well stated. However, I feel that it is only wishful thinking that Choppers will go the way of those horrid Beanie Babies. Our society is in part constructed on its ability to create clones, followers, and poseurs. And there is just way too much marketing money behind the "cruiser" image. It's woven into consumable pop culture (redundant?) like Top 40 music. Maybe when the "Easy Rider" generation goes to the big curve (straight?) in the sky, then some of the adherance to this image will fade. No, I take that back. Lots of young bucks out there really into the image and style of the chopper bikes. And it is thanks to the likes of Jesse James and O.C. and Discovery's hype. There is waaaay too much money here for it to go away anytime soon.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #33
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Many Sweets

Do you have any pictures you can show? I'd like to see what a real chopper looks like.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:50 PM   #34
Pacer
Founding Member

I don't know, I work with a guy who watches every episode of Orange County, and he is getting board of it. They are already adding new characters, the obvious kiss of death. If you need proof remember the annoying blond kid on the Brady bunch, the annoying nephew (or whatever) on Married with Childern, or Coy and Vance on the Dukes of Hazzard. Atleast they keep Marsha, Kelly, and Daisy. Ok, forget Marsha. They all live forever........in reruns.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #35
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Damn Sean. Maybe the wedding bell blues have a hold on your butt. Just getting married, you should be cooler than a cucumber. This guy never said the bike was faster than a Hayabusa and handled better than a GSXR 1000. He just said it was better than the contraptions other guys build. As to marketing BS, he certainly wasn't the first to use it, nor will he be the last. You need a long ride. Think Alaska.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #36
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Dammit seruzawa, you know that the oberguppenfurher of the VRWC gave us explicit instructions not to blow agent Kp's cover. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Now you've done it. People from different cells aren't supposed to know each other. It jeapordizes then entire VRWC World Takeover Plot.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #38
Nplateau
Founding Member

excellent point
Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #39
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

True enough, but he did say that lowering the seat height would make it handle better. I guess that's what really set me off. It's a bald faced lie and is aimed at suckering in guys that don't know any better.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:55 PM   #40
sarnali
Founding Member

The whole point of these and other "Custom Choppers" is to sucker in guys who don't know any better.

Unless backroads in Cali. are in alot better shape than Washington bikes of this type are pretty much unridable anywhere but freeways.

That's why a person would be better off with a Dyna Wide Glide, Night Train or Vegas. They are stylish reliable bikes with viable suspension and frame geometry you can actually ride on less than perfect roads.

I'm sorry but $30k+ is way out of my range for eye-candy.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote