Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 07-03-2004, 04:49 AM   #21
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Too Many Sweets

I agree, when my friends and I were building choppers in the 70's and 80's if you didn't build it yourself it didn't count.

Once you figured out the look you wanted you scrounged whatever parts you could find and bolted them together, then went to the Harley dealer or local shop for whatever was missing

The last one I built was a stretched '57 frame, '76 built motor and 6' over single disc narrow glide, '73 trans. with a hand shift, 3.5 gal. fat bobs, drag pipes and an oil tank off a Panhead. I had to use enduro batteries because thats all that would fit in the battery box. All painted black lacquer with purple metalflake

That's what choppers are. This store bought crap is no more a chopper than a stock Wide Glide or Low Rider. In fact you'd be better off with a a stock Dyna series or Victory Vegas, at least you'd have a bike you could put some miles on.

Rant over..........I'll take my medication now thank you.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2004, 04:35 PM   #26
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Rucker Performance Unveils Custom Motorcycle

To be fair, I'd have to balance it with, "Choppers are dumber than fans of that fact-raping dwarf star who's three cheeseburgers away from collapsing into a singularity, Michael Moore."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #27
dylanmo
Founding Member

John McCain just called me. He said that he'd prefer that instead of calling yourself a "McCain Republican", you should be known as a "McDermott Democrat". McCain also wanted me to thank you for being a trolling lowlife illiterate puke. So....thanks!
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 02:23 AM   #28
Jexter
Founding Member

"MotoGP is pleased to announce the addition of a new team on the circuit. The bike is a Rucker, ridden by a rider known only as 'Hammerhead'"

lol.

But really, only our dearly departed Highwayman could ride a factory-backed Copperhead.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:10 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Too Many Sweets

Hear hear. When I got out of the Nav in '71 you built your own chopper. There were a small number of custom shops building finished bikes, but we generally considered those who bought someone else's custom to be posers (heh heh). And in retrospect, the guys I saw who bought pre-built customs were always guys who were brand new to the sport and were simply dilletantes. Thay also had loads of trouble keeping their AMF products running since they couldn't turn wrenches. I doubt if it's changed much today.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:35 AM   #30
obandoj
Founding Member

How boring.

Another wobbly, uncomfortable, ill concieved piece of expensive crap!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote