Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-14-2004, 04:45 AM   #1
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Catalunya GP Results

Simply a great race between Gibernau and Rossi. Those are two great riders and the points standings show just how close they are in talent and machinery.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2004, 05:00 AM   #2
pdad13
Founding Member

I remember watching Gibernau a couple of years ago and thinking, "This guy is really good." I can't remember where it was but he had this crazy battle with Rossi, it was one of the things that got me interested in MotoGP. Great to see these two fighting it out. Should be good the rest of the way.

But you gotta hand it to Rossi. He is amazing.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:05 AM   #3
2wheeler
Founding Member

I saw that race and Colin Edwards did not ride a Suzuki.
2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Suzuki was the name of his umbrella girl.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:13 AM   #5
nitrofly
Founding Member

aHA! I knew they couldn't possibly be referring to the honda when they mentioned colin's ill handling beast wobbling all over the place.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Catalunya and a confession

These guys are continuing to blow me away. I've ponied up the 30 euro to watch all the race information on the website, not having cable... this is my second GP race watched flag to flag, and all I have to say is wow, wow, WOW.

The confession is that in the past I more regularly, and still occasionally, watch stock car racing. I really thought (and still think) it's an oft-misunderstood sport, with a lot of talent and competition... comparing it to, say, Indy car racing, I found the stock cars more fun, because of all the bumping and banging and tons of passing.

But this, this is simply amazing. It's the most fun, exciting competitive activity I've ever watched. With stock cars, you watch for a while, you get some drinks for a while, you kind of hang out and watch the race. I couldn't tear my eyes off of these guys until the checkered flag. A few thoughts:

Wonder what Biaggi will be saying when it becomes clear that the race for the championship is down to two?

Too bad for Hayden and Barros. They were doing well.

Particular credit, IMHO, goes to Nakano, for propelling his Kawasaki to seventh, just a WEEK after his frightener at Mugello, still on bridgestones with only an 'emergency repair.'

Can't wait for Assen.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
thumper_1
Founding Member

What happened to hayden??????
thumper_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:27 PM   #8
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Hayden

from www.honda-wgp.com:</p>
<blockquote>"The race was a disaster, " he said. "During the race the bike seemed to lose power and I must have lost water because when the bike eventually stopped we discovered the radiator had been holed. Onto the next race!"</blockquote>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote