Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-07-2004, 09:46 AM   #1
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: Mugello GP Results

Incredible race, both parts. In the dry half, the Hondas would catdch Rossi in the straights, and he'd overtake in the turns, again and again and again. In the wet half, Rossi hung back testing the track for the first couple of laps, then outroad evrybody. Truly amazing display of skill and cagey restraint. Really exciting race(s).
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
nitrofly
Founding Member

The overhead camera angle from the chopper when gibernau rossi, biaggi, and tamada went screaming into the 60mph right hander at the end of the home straight was out of this world, particularly as Rossi had just recovered from a nasty 200mph speed wobble...but still manage to outbrake the other three and ride through them.

If you missed this race, do whatever it takes to see a recording, it was quality.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

damm fine racing. All of the GP guys where showing balls of titanium. Who in their right mind does 200mph in the rain, on slicks, then slams on the brakes, to turn in at 50mph.

Hope they repeat it for those who missed it.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
pdad13
Founding Member

That was fun.

I'll tell you what, racing can be damn boring much of the time. Not MotoGP. (And the AMA Superbike was pretty interesting, too.) This is what racing should be. insane skill, daring passing, 3-5 wide. Do people really think NASCAR is exciting?

Watch MotoGP.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #6
giuliom
Registered Member

I saw this in just about the best surroundings: at Newcomb Ranch on the Angeles Crest with other bikers around. We were all amazed at Rossi's skills. It is obvious the Yamaha needs to find a bit more top speed, as he could not hold the Hondas off in the straights, but he is amazing in the curves. Nerves of steel and balls to match. Can anyone doubt he is the best? Great race! How many passes did we see? by comparison, Formula 1 racing and Nascar are BORING as can be. And, thank goodness Nakano is OK: did you see how many times his helmet hit the ground when he was tumbling? I thought he would be severely injured for sure.

giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #7
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Laments!

I wish there was something easily watchable that wasn't stock cars!

I wish Americans cared for 'cycle racing more.

As is, I just can't justify shelling out $75-100 a month, or whatever it is, for the Giant Cable Package Of Death just to get speed for MotoGP and stuff. ((I don't actually watch TV besides; right now I haven't even got mine hooked up to anything but a DVD player)). I think I heard something about a regulation in progress forcing the companies to allow people to buy the channels that they wanted out of these huge bundles; not that I'm for --legislation-- to that effort necessarily but I would definitely buy just speed chanell if'n I could.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:05 AM   #8
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Nakano's crash

That was one of the most amazing crashes that I've seen in a while. They say he was going about 200 mph when he crashed. It looked like a high speed wobble that flicked him over the high side. Anyone have a link to this crash on the web?
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:28 AM   #9
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

Here's a link to the MotoGP site, but you have to pay to see it... at leas that's what it keeps telling me...

http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/....htm?menu=home
dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 06:40 AM   #10
pdad13
Founding Member

I couldn't believe he was still conscious when they carted him off. Looked like he had his bell rung pretty good, but he was still with us. Nice shot of him later smiling and waving in the pits. Hope they gave him some Advil.

After seeing that, does anyone doubt how important it is to wear your gear--even just around town?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote