Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 06-08-2004, 07:33 AM   #11
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Mugello GP Results

Boys, here's where the REAL GP News is.

http://www.motogpnews.com/home.php

Rumor has it that after attempting to steal johnnyb from the posh offices of advertisingland (the ad guys bumped johnnyb up to four free sodas per day to keep him) they're going after Mr. ALLCAPS.

Gabe, these are your people.

nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #12
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Apologies...

to all females at MO. The salutation "boys" was not meant in any sort of misogynist way.

Although a majority of MOrons are guys, I hope to God there are at least a few women who use this site...
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:03 AM   #13
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: Mugello GP Results

Ran home for lunch today and watched it again on SPEED, it just as incredible the 2nd time around. It was amazing; at the end of the long straight, how Rossi could pass Tamada, Gibernau and Biaggi on the brakes every time

What has happened to Colin Edwards so far this year?

Old 06-08-2004, 08:23 AM   #14
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default MotoGP: The season to remember

This is IT, isn't it, folks? The season of competition and intensity we'd all been looking for. Just look at the top ten: Three Ducatis, Three Hondas, Three Yamahas, and an Aprilia.

While the race for the championship certainly seems to be shaping up to be a three-man fight, on any given day there's half a dozen other guys that can be a factor, some we predicted, and some we didn't. Hey, even Xaus didn't crash!

Surprises in the season for me:

1) Marco Melandri -- where did this guy come from? He's been amazing, and with a little different luck on a couple of those races...

2) Bayliss getting a handle on the Ducati while Capirossi fades.

3) Nicky Hayden's and Alex Barros -- bet a lot of us thought that duo would be in the opposite order.

A few other things, but I'll ramble less and see what anyone else has to say more. No, I'm not counting Rossi as a 'surprise.'

Next year he wins the championship on a Proton. Well, maybe not.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 AM   #15
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP: The season to remember

Not likely. He will switch to the Moriwaki(sp), or WCM team and win it all on one of those POS's.

Then he start his own team the year after that, and start making his own bikes, which are superior to the other bikes racing.

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #16
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Mugello GP Results

Does anyone out there know what helmet brand Nakano San was wearing? I need to buy one of those.

As far as the no-helmet crowd out there are concerned, that was pure luck right? No way! That is the value of wearing protective gear in a real live demonstration.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #17
machine539
Founding Member

1) Marco Melandri -- where did this guy come from? He's been amazing, and with a little different luck on a couple of those races...

Uh.. he'd be 2002's 250cc champion, and the youngest ever.

I guess you guys don't get to see any of those 125 or 250 races.. they're usually almost as crazy - it's hard to believe how fast they can corner.

machine539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:11 AM   #18
EbonFlame
Founding Member

No, I suppose we don't. For "where he came from," of course, I was using a figure of speech... but we don't get much opportunity to see the 125/250 stuff; most of the 'lesser' series that we see are the AMA ones. I'd never seen this guy ride before this season. He's gonna be one to watch, methinks, especially if the Yammies get up there even with the Hondas.

Anyone heard anything about the Yamahas' handling compared to the Hondas? It's tough for me to tell, considering we're just watching Rossi and Melandri riding, for the most part, so I don't know if I'm delusional, but they seem to be able to carry (the Doctor inparticular, natch) a lot more corner speed than the hondas tend to. Hrm. But I'm just a bench authority, I really don't know.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:21 AM   #19
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Nakano's crash

Turns out it was a high speed wobble...

...induced by an exploding rear tire.

200 mph and then KAPLOW! Your rear tire retires. Not good, Dunlop.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 05:40 AM   #20
pdad13
Founding Member

Speed sometimes shows the 125s and 250s. They're airing the 250 race after the MotoGP this Sunday, I think at 4:00.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote