Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 04-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #11
cycleguy26
Founding Member

Default Re: Africa GP Results

Definitely a great race. Next year Rossi needs to go to Proton or WCM and show the world he's really the man.

By the way, did y'all catch WSB race 2? How 'bout Frankie Chili? That was some performance.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2004, 08:11 AM   #12
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Re: Video confession

Portland, Oregon. Land of the free, home of the rain.

EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:01 AM   #13
VR1000racer
Founding Member

I think that the only thing bigger than Rossi's balls are his heart and brain. I am supprised that he can fit on one bike.

I think that as the Yamaha is developed more, that the gap is only going to strech.

I am probably showing my age, but I remember when Spencer would show up and take 2 or 3 seconds off the lap record in practice, and Roberts would go think about it for a while, and then have an answer for him, or close to it.

It also brings to mind Schwantz racing the Suzukii when you could see the front push, so he would just spin up the rear to keep the front settled.

Rossi has just taken a seat at the front of the class. they should change his nickname from "The Doctor" to "The magic teacher. Rossi is obviously able to compensate for any (or most) machine deficencies on talent and ability. Kudos to him and Biaggi.

Ain't life great!
VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:11 AM   #14
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Chili is too sexy for his shirt.

He's also my hero and one of the nicest guys in ANY paddock. When I grow-up, I want to be just like him. -Sean
Old 04-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #15
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Correction: Men among boys.

Part of this legendary credit has to go to Jeremy Burgess. If I recall correctly, the latest issue of Sport Rider demonstrated that the M1 (like the Ducati) is actually more powerful than the RCV accelerating on the straights. The problem has been with abrubt power delivery hindering acceleration on corner exits. Rossi is a god-like rider, but he and Burgess clearly know how to work together to get the most power and tractability out of the Yamaha platform.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #16
edward44
Founding Member

I thought the WSB races would be a let down after the great Motogp action but they weren't at all. For once no one dominated from start to finish. I hope that the weather conditions weren't the reason for this and this kind of racing will continue thruout the season.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #19
nomad76
Founding Member

If this keeps up, I wonder what Biaggi's excuse for losing will be?
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #20
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Max's Last Chance?

Everyone is talking about this being Biaggi's last chance season. But who would Honda make their #1 rider if not Biaggi? He was the only one who could even keep Rossi in sight. Of course if not for Max and his battle with Rossi, perhaps the coverage would have shown more of the racing going on further back in the pack.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote