Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 02-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Very Interesting! MotoGP Testing

And the AMA has shot itself in the foot with all their shuffling of the classes, rule changing, and manufacturers declining to participate. There's basically only one reason to watch----the hope that either Bostrom will wax all over Mladin, just for the satisfaction of seeing it. Other than that there's really no competition of any consequence going on. The superstock class would have been interesting but it appears that DiSalvo will mop the floor with the new R1. They should just throw him in superbike anyway. Rumor has it that Ben crashed a 1000RR trying to keep up with him.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default 1 second

Un freekin bee lee vaa ble. 1 second in the top 10 spots on race tires (I hope no one was running Q's). The amazing thing is that capirossi and Rossi are leading. Man I hope this is an indication of the next season.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
ewok1
Founding Member

valentino rossi is a motorcycle god. pure and simple. everyone, and i mean everyone was predicting he would really struggle. the yamaha was far inferior and nowhere near ready to compete for the podium, they said. it sure looks like all those theys were wrong. randy mamola for one is going to have to start eating his commentary.

this is so good for the sport.

why doesn't motorcycle racing dominate the racing world? why is nascar such a big thing?
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Is Rossi going to comfirm its the rider, and not the bike AGAIN? I think he will, along with showing he's a true sportsman and champion, unlike certain so-called AMA diaper soilers. He's the real deal. Nicky is next up. He's got all the tools, but just needs a little experience.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #5
tonyharrah
Founding Member

I don't understand either. I would almost rather watch the religious channel than watch redneck roundy-round. By the way, did Speed drop 2-Wheel Tuesday? I couldn't find it last night.
tonyharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
ewok1
Founding Member

they moved the time to 8 eastern.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #7
ender
Registered Member

Default NASCAR Vs Motorcycles

Advertising dollars. There just isn't the surface area on a motorcycle for a big ole 'Skoal' sign.
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #8
flying_hun
Founding Member

At the risk of being premature, maybe it's reasonable to compare Rossi's move to Yamaha to Schumacher's move to Ferrari. Schuey proved that he could win in anything, and in the process enabled a great improvement in Ferrari (remember, they weren't that good when he signed with them). Maybe Rossi can repeat that feat.
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
Vlad
Registered Member

Default Tires

From other sources I gather that no one was on qualifying tires for these times. But Capirossi being first is what really amazes me. Ducati looks very good this year, in fact, amazing, considering how tiny they are compared to Honda. As for Rossi, well, I guess that's why they call him "the Doctor."

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote