Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 02-18-2004, 02:05 PM   #11
kvr929rr
Founding Member

Default Re: Very Interesting! MotoGP Testing

Qualifiers or not, you have to go the race distance. Rossi has the craft to do so and adapt to his bike as it changes throughout the race and still put in fast laps. None of the others with the possible exception of Edwards has those skills developed as well. I would imagine Yamaha engineers have their hearing aids turned all the way up so they don't miss a syllable of what he has to say too.
kvr929rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #13
stillweldin
Founding Member

Any of the people commenting ever been to a GP?
stillweldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:42 PM   #14
crg
Founding Member

Default Re: Tires

That's why the monicker fits, at least...

Supposedly, he goes by "the doctor" because he once heard an airport page for a "Doctor Rossi" and he liked it, so he took it. I think he lately has tried to change it, but it is so fitting, none of us, or the media, want to let it go.

-- crg
crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 03:47 PM   #15
crg
Founding Member

I went to the first ever MotoGP at Suzuka in 2002.

It was cold and rainy, I got ripped off and had horrible seats (in the esses without a jumbotron to watch), and didn't understand a word of Japanese.

130,000 people dealing with crappy weather just to see history happen, it was great! If only we could get that kind of interest here in the US.

I am planning on getting to the LeMans round this year. I will get better tickets and a pit walk for sure!
crg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:51 PM   #16
BadCop
Founding Member

Before you come to conclusions, you should step back for a moment and realize that this is only testing and the times represent only the fastest lap. Sure, the riders and teams use testing to play mind games on each other whenever the opportunity arises, but the prime goal is to complete a comprehensive testing regimen which evaluates as many variables as time allows. Smart riders keep their powder dry and don't show their hand too early.
BadCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:55 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Which race?

The question: If you could attend one MotoGp race which one would it be?

Take into consideration track, city, history, etc.

I'd really like to go to a race and am looking for advice from fellow MoFos.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:07 PM   #18
gdrazek
Founding Member

Default Re: Which race?

If I could pick any I'd have to say Mugello. Just to see the Ducatis run on their home turf... and a trip to the Ducati factory afterwards. (Yes, I root for Bayliss.)

However, next year I'm going to the Malaysian Grand Prix. I'll be living in New Delhi and have a friend in Kuala Lampur. A $150 flight and a free place to stay, how can I pass that up? I've never been to a Moto GP before and can't wait.
gdrazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:00 PM   #19
pated
Registered Member

I can't wait!!
pated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:34 PM   #20
mile_eater
Founding Member

Sounds to me like you girls are gettin' all worked up over nothing. These numbers don't mean squat without Honda being there on the same day.

What were the track conditions on day two? Is there more rubber on the track on day two? There are many variables unaccounted for here.

We're all stoked about the season, but come on. Getting worked up about testing is like judging an NFL season by the Preseason.