Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 12-29-2003, 06:50 AM   #1
BRIAN_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Are we in for the greatest motoGP season ever?

Can't wait! I wish I could tune in to watch the races without spending an arm & leg on satelite TV!
BRIAN_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2003, 06:59 AM   #2
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default The person who probably has the most to fear is Biaggi

He pissed and moaned about how he could not beat Rossi because the Yamaha was inferior to the RC211V. Then he got a Honda ride and still could not beat Rossi, except when Rossi was having tire problems. If Rossi gets on the Yamaha and still beats Biaggi it will be clear as day to anyone that Biaggi is a lesser rider when compared to Rossi. I am stoked to see the American contingent in MotoGP next season. And your right, Curtis Roberts is a big cry baby. The only bigger cry baby than Curtis is Mat Mad-Ladin.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Yeah should be excelent. Amazing that a yr ago I was one of the few that said Nicky had any chance at podium finishes in 2003. A yr later the talk is of how he will be winning in 04.The kid has it. I also feel great for Edwards.America will rule moto GP in 04.

George Barber please,please,please get us an event in the USA.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:11 AM   #4
caferacerx
Founding Member

Default 2004 MotoGP Outcome

My guesses:

1) Sete Gibernau

2) Valentino Rossi

3) Colin Edwards

4) Nicky Hayden

5) Max Biaggi

I thik Valentino will fight valiantly to keep the Yamaha on top of the box, and win more than a few through sheer skill and determination. In the end though the untried bike will spit him off enough to DNF his way out of the top spot.

Sete is poised to take it, and will through consistent finishes and a proven racebike.

Colin will dominate the middle of the season after getting his bearings with the bike and team, but falter as the big boys get serious. He'll only take firsts through attrition, and then not too many.

Nicky will come on strong, and win at least one of the first five GP's. He'll have a very successful and consistent mid-season, but start DNFing later as he begins pushing too hard in search of the top spot.

Max. Oh, Max. Max and Xaus will butt heads from the first race on. The animosity and constant battles between them will take their toll, with Biaggi beating Ruben after a bizarre late season legs and arms a'flyin fall takes Xuas out for several weeks.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

-jim

--------------------

Jim Race

AFM #250
caferacerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:56 AM   #5
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Gosh if Eric & Ben were in MotoGP the only reason to pay attention to AMA would be to watch 1000cc supersport with the new bikes.

I think EBoz should have gotten that spot they gave to Xaus. With his determination and ability to simply ride the wheels off of whatever bike he's given, I think he would be a serious contender for a rookie championship. Given what he was able to do on that completely outclassed ZX-7, one can only wonder what he could do on equal or superior equipment.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:15 AM   #6
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Good news, bad news.....

The good news is that MotoGP will be a great series this year, not just watching Rossi wait untill the he gets bored to turn it on. The bad is that Eboz did not get a GP ride on a competetive bike ,his WSB rides gave him some experience on the courses, and he rides the snot out of whatever hes on.

The good news for AMA is Eboz has a competetive bike, so the AMA series should actually be a hoot. The bad news is the goofed up rule structure. AMA is still trying to figure out the best marketing/competition combinations. The cranked up 600's will be fun to see what they can do.

The bad news is WSB (Ducati cup, single tires) is probably not going to atract as many fans this year. Good because there is less factory ducati teams to dominate and more "privateers"

Xaus will crash and burn, hopefully not taking anyone out with him.

Ain't bench racing fun, where all prophets now.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:30 PM   #7
johnnyb
Founding Member

Hey, djou see on roadracingworld.com that Yamaha is building a Superbike R1, for hacking i spose? Nothing will be more fun than listening to mladin complain when a few other people are on "equal machinery" in `04. Should be fun.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #8
Vlad
Registered Member

Oh, yeah, baby. This is going to be the best and most unpredictable MotoGP series in a long while. I think that the Ducati will be on the box in every race, with the superb team and bike they are fielding. Honda is going to have problems, since their bike may be very good, but without The Doctor, they will be on an even footing with the Duck. Still, they will be on the box. But the spoiler is Yamaha, or rather Yamaha/Rossi.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending Mladin

Didn't Mladin have an illness all season long that wasn't revealed to the press till after the season? Mladin is still my pick, he is smooth, controlled, cagey i.e. the "Iceman" of the AMA.

At least Suzuki will have competition this year, Honda, Ducati and now Yamaha. Kawasaki playing in conservative or is it the Yamaha approach i.e. run the stock series until you get your act together.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #10
schizuki
Founding Member

Exactly.

I think E-boz is the second-best racer in the world (after Rossi.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote