Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MotoGP

Old 12-30-2003, 02:40 AM   #11
jaffaboy
Founding Member

Default Re: The person who probably has the most to fear is Biaggi

It's proven, for 3 seasons, that Rossi is heading to be the Michael Jordan of Moto GP. He is a better rider than Biaggi regardless.
jaffaboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2003, 05:28 AM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Are we in for the greatest motoGP season ever?

Rossi is proving what a true champion he really is. He knew he had the best bike out there. He knew people said he wins because he's on a Honda. He knows that if he wins on a Yamaha, he will be considered as one of the greatest champions ever. I suppose if he doesn't win it this year, he could race AMA and cry about the rules like some other "champions" do.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:35 AM   #13
Flickmeister
Registered Member

No doubt about a great GP season coming from all angles: the machines, the talent, and the rules. MotoGP is the only organization that have rules that even begin to make sense. WSB & the AMA have castrated themselves. If manufacturers refuse to participate and fans refuse to watch, they've earned their disaster. MotoGP, on the other hand, has it all together. Rossi knew the risks, but needed the challenge--yippee! Colin finally gets the ride he deserves. Personally, I think he will be a real force. I can't see him folding under pressure late in the season. He is the original "Gonads of Steel" competitor. Just remember how he beat out Bayliss when the whole world had written him off. Nicky has it all: talent, smarts, determination, charm. He'll be there. He and Colin also have a new full time job doing damage control to prevent the good ol' US of A from being embarrassed to death by Curtis Roberts self-indulgence, hyperactive mouth. I can't think of anyone in racing I dislike more than Curtis. He has never really proven anything (sorry folks, a 600SS championship ain't that big a deal in the real world of top notch roadracing) except that he can out ***** everyone else in the paddock--God help Nicky and Colin. Sete will be in the heat of it. He is a veteran that has it all. As fine a gentleman as he is, he is a great ambassodor of the sport. If Ducati can get the Duc to turn, Bayliss and Capirossi will be major players. I think Max has had it, but with occasional flashes of brilliance. I don't think Barros or Checa will be in the hunt , but may be capable of an occasional upset. Tamada could be another longshot if Bridgestone keeps developing their tires as they did last year. Ukawa is on a Honda and learning fast. That's my best guess, for what it's worth. I'm so wrong about predictions. The only ones I can guarantee is Curtis' big mouth, and Nicky and Colin will be in there till the end. Go America! Cheers, Jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:50 AM   #14
obandoj
Founding Member

It will be a great season for sure, the only thing that is missing is a round in the USA, come on Mr. Barber, you are our only hope at this junction! Please make it happen.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #15
apierre
Registered Member

With Rossi riding a Yamaha we will see if the problems were from the bike or from previous Yammi pilots !

--

Pierre Lima

Web: http://pierre.inazores.com
apierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
abt
Founding Member

It's "Kurtis." With a "K." Just like King Kenny.

My only prediction about the coming season is that the Sears Point AMA round, having once again been scheduled too early in the year, will once again be f***ed up by rain.
abt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:01 PM   #17
Flickmeister
Registered Member

In the past, the biggest problem with Yamaha has been their refusal to supply parts the riders asked for to improve the bike. Hopefully, since Yamaha was willing to pay a fortune for Rossi, they will also be willing to supply the needed parts he requires to make the bike competitive. If they aren't willing to do so, they have wasted a crapload of money and talent only to fail again. Here's hoping they have had a corporate change of attitude. The ball is definitely in their court.....Cheers, jack
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #18
mmitra
Founding Member

Default Re: Aprilia Cube??

Sorry, I have been out of the loop a bit lately, what with the holidays and all, but what do you folks think about Aprilia's chances in 2004?
mmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:20 PM   #19
mmitra
Founding Member

Default Re: shootout????

Besides, Motorcycle.com MoFos, whatever happened to the 5 bike shootout you promised us for apre Christmas, to keep us entertained while all manner of scurrilous relatives infest our living domains in every other room of my house?
mmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:59 PM   #20
xseal
Registered Member

The answer is yes, I can't imagine a better lineup, the 04 winner will truly be THE world champion road racer.

Its interesting to compare. MotoGP is shaping up to be the best possible professional racing, a la F1. In the US, the new 1000 "superstock" and 600 SS series are more like club racing, with limited modifications. While that may be less interesting to watch on tv, for this CCS club racer, its much closer to what I can comprehend and aspire to compete in. If I had to pick them, that's the way I'd want it. I admit that AMA and FIM Superbike will be laggards this year. But, with this MotoGP series, who cares.

xseal is offline   Reply With Quote